All the Enterprises

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by OylPslyk, Jul 23, 2006.

1. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Man, this'll be a great display piece, and a nice filler until I get my 1:350 PL Enterprise finished. :D
  2. OylPslyk

OylPslyk Aspiring Usurper

... frustration ...

i'm about ready to show off the layout and some of the textures for the 1701-refit... however, my firewalls and virusprogs reaaaaaalllllyyyyy dont like the new site. and I'm even having trouble browsing the threads and actually getting the link I ask for... I may have to find somewhere else to post this...
    and that fact is frustrating because I really liked this board....

3. Kevin G

Kevin G Member

I use McAfee and have had no problems with this site. My firewalls have caught nothing nor has my other security measures. If you feel so inclined you could always add this site to the exceptions list in your firewall/virus software.

Anyways let us know if you do decide to post it up somewhere else as many of us have been following this for a long time and are very interested in seeing any progress you feel like sharing!
  4. OylPslyk

use combo sonicwall hardware firewall, and norton software viruscontrol.

even specifiacally allowing the site on both, each still returns phishing, trojans, and spyware alerts.

I will be sure to post a forward address if I move though
  5. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

It's the sponsor ads, and Norton/Symantec being their over-complicated, over-protective selves

I used to work for their online store, and while not officially, they tend to keep their customers by trying to scare the Bejebus out of them
  6. rickstef

rickstef Guest

it has been documented that some of the ads trigger your software, I am connected both at home and in the office, and I get no warnings or threats or anything.
    If you want to see Peter's reaction to a similar post as yours

Plus keep in mind, its been a week since we moved, not everything has been going as smoothly.

Also, some of the members will have joined during a particularly smooth/stable timeframe, and now that we had hit a bumpy patch, are upset, true, but then keep this in mind, I have been here since the start of, i have been through all of the moves, so if anyone is upset about the moves its me.
  7. jdoe1980

jdoe1980 New Member

Great Job!

The schematics are the best that I have seen.
  8. OylPslyk

Thanks for the compliment!

I have just become aware of how scrambled up all the attachments are;( !!!

I am going through my files and will post a big message soon with all the links to the most current stuff.

the refit/A plans are more than 3x as detailed as the last images I posted. I have been mainly only working on them. (I'm sure you have all noticed I have a lil ADD when it comes to this stuff, I jump around on projects so much!!)

I'll post a little bit of the newest stuff soon, images of the Saucer section, its all that I have painted right now, but actually the 2ndry hull is going to really be beautiful, it has an absolute TON of grafics.
  9. OylPslyk

Here's a low-res image of the Refit saucer section in pdf format

(having trouble uploading to zealot, so use this link)
  10. Jaybats

Jaybats Member

11. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I use imageshack... it's the most reliable and easy to use image host that there is. Why people do not use it with direct links on these forums is beyond me.

The above was done in 10-15seconds. You get the image right on the forum without the annoying popups that one has to face when clicking on LINK's and load time waiting when going to imageshack.

Hotlinking is better.
  12. OylPslyk

I used PhotoBucket on all the earlier posts in this thread (that wouldnt fit for filesize), and I use Mediafire for normal file hosting, you just cant get easier than mediafire!
  13. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

seems everyone likes to push the reader off site when all they have to do is directlink it... nothing puts me off to reading a thread more than having to open up a link offsite and get bombarded by load times and popups.
  14. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

What he is linking to is a PDF file, not a JPG or GIF. And what a PDF it is!! Amazing detail! You should do the next Tech Manual for them....

I'm not sure about Imageshack, Photobucket, etc., but most "image" hosting sites don't consider PDF files to be images. That's why I offered to host surfduke's PDF files.

His Mediafire link ain't too bad. Opens the link, tells you it's scanning the file, then lets you open or save.
  15. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Yep... I use for pdf's. For images I use imageshack.
  16. OylPslyk

Here's a look at the work in progress for the hull, with the new corrections. Its not yet as detailed as the saucer though.

!!!( I am still getting upload errors using zealot.................................................................................................................................)

dl here again->
  17. sdhlaw1701

sdhlaw1701 New Member

One word; AWESOME!!:thumb:

I can't wait to see the finished product
  18. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett Active Member

Looking good!

Are You using Autocad?

19. OylPslyk

no, I did use AutoCad for years at work though... i Really do miss it......
    If i werent so cheap Id go buy a copy of my own wall1

For most of this Ive been using relatively cheap 2d software - Deltacad.
    Delta's not the best, you really do have to know exactly what you want to draw, its not very good at modifications, but its extremely simple and easy to use.
    I also use PowerCad Pro for more complicated things.
  20. OylPslyk

model files...

I've been getting a Loooot of emails lately requesting my models, from people having trouble with the forum links....
    If I havent gotten to you yet just know that I am aware and working on your requests!,

Right now I am planning to post a very large update that includes all my models (trek or not), I'm going through all of them and trying to collect all the notes on each to see where changes need to be made before i post.

On this topic, I am about 70% done with the test build for the Ent-A.
    (If it werent for the detail blueprint project ive gotten myself into with this one it would probably be ready already....wall1 !!) once this is ready I will post the mega-update. hopefully early next week.

ps. Also I began this thread almost a year ago now, and only 1 enterprise has so far been released!! (NX) but dont worry I have been steadily working on the others also, (even my unreleased B version which was ready to let go untill I found some much better reference material-It will be ready probably only a week or 2 after the A is done).

So in conclusion I would just like to say to everyone who has been keeping tabs on this thread thank you for both your interest and your patience with me as I continually scramble my brains with Trek-Minutia!!!