All sorts of Stations

Peirce

Dec 28, 2000
Southbury, CT, USA
www.geocities.com
This one is, in my opinion, the least interesting from a design point of view, but is is a modern commuter station. It is the Metro North station in Danbury, CT. I present it for those who might be modeling a modern commuter railroad.

Recently Metro North, as a budget cutting measure, stopped manning this station. There is now a ticket vending machine on the platform.

020_METRO_NORTH_STATION_IN-vi.jpg

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Northern Rivers NSW Australia
Some of those places are just so GREEN!! Not used to that much greenery around. :)

Darnick Station is in central NSW on the line to Broken Hill. Not much greenery there! Not much else, either. :)

EA2508_WP45_Darnick_1-7-02_1.jpg

On this line.

EA2508_WP45_Roto_1-7-02.jpg

These pics are from here :cool:

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Wow Woodie, that is sure flat land with those tracks straight to the horizon. I thought we had flat land here on the Canadian prairies but Australia looks flatter.

Bob Collins

Feb 1, 2001
Council Bluffs, IA
Visit site
The roof line of the Cobart station reminds me of several stations I have seen over the years in various parts of the USA. I don't know if it is specific to an area of the country or to a particular railroad.

Bob

DanRaitz

May 30, 2002
Maricopa, AZ, USA
Heres my shot of the Bemidji, MN, depot. It was built in 1912 by the Great Northern Railway, it was also used by the Burlington Northern RR up until the depots abandonment. It has been restored and is currently being used by the Beltrami County Historical Society.

Attachments

• bji_depot.jpg
    bji_depot.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 176