All sorts of Stations

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
All sorts of Stations From all over the World

Hi Folks, There must be many pictures of Railway stations that you have been to or passed by Or even from the OLD OLD days;)
We would all like to see them, Especially for our scatch building folk.;)

From all Over;) The World.

Attachments

• p1010010.jpg
    p1010010.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 580

Greg Elems

Dec 19, 2002
Reno Nevada
Visit site
Cool idea. My contribution is of the old Sparks depot. I'm not sure about the details of this old SP depot. Some time when it is open, I will have to check out the history and fill it in here. A nicely restored build none the less.

Attachments

• sparks depot.jpg
    sparks depot.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 481

Greg Elems

Dec 19, 2002
Reno Nevada
Visit site
The old Nevada California and Oregon depot in Reno still stands. While not saved as a historical building, it is safe at the moment, pending a sale. Reno not only still has this depot, but the depot Amtak is using is an old SP mission style depot.

Attachments

• n-c-o depot reno.jpg
    n-c-o depot reno.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 466

Greg Elems

Dec 19, 2002
Reno Nevada
Visit site
Last but not least, here is the current Sparks Depot. Amtrak uses it as a crew change and passengers do board here. UP uses it as offices and the tower is still used by the yard master.

Attachments

• sparks amtrak depot.jpg
    sparks amtrak depot.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 470

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hey, thats a brilliant idea showing photo's of Station/Depot's keep them coming, I myself am getting some ideas for scratchbuilding :D

Shamus

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Northern Rivers NSW Australia
Most (if not all) Australian station platforms are raised to door height. Ground level platforms don't really exist. This one is at Tamworth (country music capital of Australia) in nth NSW.

Attachments

• tamworthstation.jpg
    tamworthstation.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 450

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
This one is Tocumwal Station, on the Victorian/NSW border. They only run heritage steam tours from Melbourne to it now, and freight. The local historical society have restored to station building. The platform, itself, is yet to be done.

Attachments

• tocumwal station04.jpg
    tocumwal station04.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 429

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
......and this one is Albury Station (again, Vic/NSW border). It is the longest platform in Australia. The reason being, until 1962 there was a change of gauge at the border, and passengers had to change trains. ie walk from one end of the platform to the other. Not sure of the length, but that is as 8 car XPT at the platform.

Attachments

• xptalbury02.jpg
    xptalbury02.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 231

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Little River Station. Little River is about 40kms south west of Melbourne. Some may remember a Australian band called the "Little River Band" from the late 70's early 80's. They name themselves after this little town.

Attachments

• sprinterlittleriver.jpg
    sprinterlittleriver.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 225

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Wakool Station (western NSW) has seen better times, and quite a while since any passengers boarded here. The only thing that passes thorugh Wakool now is wheat.

Attachments

• wakoolsilos.jpg
    wakoolsilos.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 218