All sorts of Bridges

interurban

Milwaukee

Here is an old shot of a high bridge in Milwaukee.
Any one know the Location and if it`s still there???????;)
( davespixs)

Attachments

• milwde153.jpg
    milwde153.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 262

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Not to bring up an old thread but i thought it was very interesting to see all the different type of bridges that everyone posted. Great pictures everyone.

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
LiveSteamer said:
Not to bring up an old thread...
Well since you did, That was great!!!!! I love bridges and since I'm a newbie and was not around to participate the first time through, I'm grabbing my chance now.
The first three are in the Southern states and of course the last one (my all time favorite) is in New Mexico.

Attachments

• MISIPI_1.jpg
    MISIPI_1.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 194
  • Misipi train bridge 2.jpg
    Misipi train bridge 2.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 191
  • Misipi train bridge 3.jpg
    Misipi train bridge 3.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 193
  • ZDCP_2332.jpg
    ZDCP_2332.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 191

interurban

Thanks for bring this back up Livesteamer.
Great to look at the post again :)
Nice shots Trainnut :D :D :D any chance you may become a Traction Nut ??:D :eek: just teasing. :thumb:

Papa Bear

Wood Trestles

1st picture: Trestle crossing a road in Ozark, Alabama.
2nd picture: Trestle over Bayou Chico in Pensacola, Florida. This was on the Correy Field branch of the Frisco. Sadly, it's been torn down. :cry:

Attachments

• ozark_trestle2.jpg
    ozark_trestle2.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 151
  • bayou_chico.jpg
    bayou_chico.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 169

McFortner

Here are a few I took of the Georgetown Loop in Colorado. I wish I had taken more from the station, but my son and I were too excited about riding the train!

Pity that the company that was running it for the CHS isn't anymore. Some kind of contract disagreement apparently. I hope they can get it back running next year....

Michael

Attachments

• loop1.jpg
    loop1.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 165
  • loop2.jpg
    loop2.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 164
  • loop3.jpg
    loop3.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 164

Papa Bear

The Gulf, Mobile, and Ohio (now Norfolk Southern) overpass in Prattville, Alabama, and a close-up of the GM&O wings.

Attachments

• prattville_gmobridge.jpg
    prattville_gmobridge.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 157
  • gmo_wings.jpg
    gmo_wings.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 130

CalFlash

Anyone have some pics of a highway bridge crossing over the tracks? I need to model one to serve as a viewblock for the track as it goes to hidden trackage.

thanks

interurban

CalFlash said:
Anyone have some pics of a highway bridge crossing over the tracks? I need to model one to serve as a viewblock for the track as it goes to hidden trackage.

thanks

This Taken from the Hudson 2816 :thumb:

Attachments

• P6090232.jpg
    P6090232.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 175

interurban

A post card of a great looking bridge.

ps
This Bridge fell down over a year ago, and up to now it`s not being rebuilt :cry:

Attachments

• scan.jpg
    scan.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 177
  • Scan000wor.jpg
    Scan000wor.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 175
Our local monster bridge....very scarey on to drive on!

The Huey P. Long Bridge, completed in 1935, is the longest and highest steel railroad bridge in the United States. It is 4.35 miles long from abutment to abutment. It is a combination rail - highway structure and provides a four-lane highway, two one-way lanes on each side of a double track railroad. This thing is a real trip to drive across.....you got to have nerves of steel if you are in the inside lane with an 18 wheeler on one side and a train on the other. The traffic lanes are only 9' wide with no shoulder.

Attachments

• huey p long bridge-07.jpg
    huey p long bridge-07.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 204
  • huey p long bridge-08.jpg
    huey p long bridge-08.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 203
Huey P. Long

Huey P. Long, this photo looks to be some time in the 1940's-early 50's, as there is a steam train above and a pasture below, my dad's friend used to rent the ground under the trestle. He was horse trader and pastured animals there for sale. On each side of the river where the highway part of the bridge met the ground there was a traffic circle and he would sell his horses from the east bank location.

Attachments

• huey p long bridge-11.jpg
    huey p long bridge-11.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 204