ALL MEMBERS-PLEASE READ

Dave Hagan

Jul 23, 2001
Hi, I really had hoped people would act responsibly when posting and replying to topics on The Gauge and not require myself or the moderators to act as police men. In my mind there are NEVER, I repeat NEVER, any excuses to resort to “personal insults” or “name calling” when replying to a post. I cannot understand why some people feel the need to do so. There is an old saying “sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me”, well that my friends is a load of rubbish, name calling is hurtful and totally unnecessary. If you see a post you vehemently disagree with simply state “your opinion” and back it up with solid arguments, that is all that is ever required.
This board was designed so that members could share their model railroading ideas, etc, and we do not want this board to become like the AOL where they sit around all day and name call, etc. Once in a while train talk sneaks onto the AOL board. This forum will not turn that way
I believe that “flaming” threads are “poison” and in the future a moderator or I will remove all personal “flaming” from posts.

Regards
Dave Hagan
The Gauge

Virginian

Jan 27, 2001
Santa Rosa, Ca.
Visit site
Hi Dave, and all members of the gauge.
Please accept my sincere apologies for my participation in a name calling melee.
I engaged in the very action I was condemning, trying to justify myself in the process. Wrong. I hear you loud and clear, Dave, and will refrain from any such posts in the future, no matter what the supposed justification.
Mr. Mahlkov, I'm sorry. I don't know you and have no right to say such as I did about you.
Sincerely,
Virginian

[This message has been edited by Virginian (edited 02-28-2001).]

Dave Flinn

Dec 26, 2000
Lansing, NY USA
www.lehighvalleyrr.com
Thanks, Dave H. for posting that. I agree with you 100%, but I also think it is necessary, once in a while, to remind folks of proper "nettiquette." So far, I think you're doing a great job with The Gauge, and I visit regularly a couple of times a day, although I may not always post something.

------------------
Dave Flinn, Northeast Regional Vice President, NRHS
National Director, Cornell Chapter, NRHS
Life Member NMRA, NER, NFR,
Danbury Railway Museum

W

wt&c

Well I got to hand it to you Dave, and you too Dave ;) you both have a way with words, dave (hagan) you do a FINE job keepoing this place clean.!