Aliens Powerloader

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Millenniumfalsehood, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Hey dudes, I'm working on Ripley's Powerloader from the movie Aliens. This is quite a nice model, but I'd have liked a bigger size(as far as I can tell, it'll be about six or seven inches tall when completed). I've got the legs done so far:

What I absolutely love about this model is that the designer partitioned off the various sections(feet, lower legs, upper legs, . . .) and I can build one at a time without feeling like I'm tackling the whole thing. It's great for keeping me interested in the build. But like I said I wish it were bigger. Maybe I'll transfer it to posterboard sometime.

I'll completely repaint the model after I build it, so I'm leaving the sections unglued for now to facilitate easier painting.
  2. Mousemuffins1

Mousemuffins1 Member

looking great. I used to have this model on my hard drive, but it seems to have dissapeared. it'd be awesome in about 1/6 scale......
  3. Hot4Darmat

Hot4Darmat Member

Looks awesome so far. Can you post the link to where you found this beauty?

Also, have you seen the build blog of the dude who built an almost life-sized one of these things as a halloween costume? It was crazy cool. I'll see if I can work some google magic and find it again....
  4. papermodeller

papermodeller New Member

5. Hot4Darmat

Hot4Darmat Member

Thanks for the link.

Here's the link to the dude's gallery who built a powerloader as a halloween costume.

kudos to him
  6. The Hermit

The Hermit Member

thank you for bringing the models back

it is much appriciated

SEBRET Member

Awesome costume. keep up the work on the model, i just got it about a week ago and haven't had a chance to take a look at it yet.
  8. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

There is a lot of delicate work to this model, especially concerning the hydraulic system. I'm working on the graspers now, using straight pins for the axles.
  9. Mauiman

Mauiman Member

That thing looks cool
  10. seher1

seher1 New Member

i have this model it's on the future build list, and plan to put ripely inside
  11. racc00n

racc00n Member

Thanks for the link. This is really cool. I will be building this for sure.
  12. crates

crates New Member

Great find, aliens has a wealth of modeling potential and this is realy cool.

best of luck with your build.
  13. Patron_zero

Patron_zero Member

This has been on my To-Do PVC-foamcore build list for far too long, 1/1 scale of course !
  14. pelletierrick

pelletierrick New Member

what morecan be said incredible
  15. Kovic

Kovic New Member

looks cool, almost lika SCV from starcraft ;D