ALIENS M-41A Plus Rifle 1:1

oldbot

Jun 25, 2010
Bkk Thailand
Hi,

I just found this website recently. I do really impress in many creativities around here. This is my 1st post here. ALIENS is one of my favorite movie. This kit is designed by Jan Rukr. I finished this kit a few months ago, it took me about 3 weeks to complete. Pls review.

Attachments

• ALIENS M-41A 01.JPG
    ALIENS M-41A 01.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 45
  • ALIENS M-41A 02.JPG
    ALIENS M-41A 02.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 30
  • ALIENS M-41A 03.JPG
    ALIENS M-41A 03.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 27
  • ALIENS M-41A 04.JPG
    ALIENS M-41A 04.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 25
  • ALIENS M-41A 05.JPG
    ALIENS M-41A 05.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 32

grifco2000

Dec 2, 2006
country south australia
swweet model!:thumb: I mad3e one of these for my son several years back. Must admit ti took much longer and didn't look as good as yours. Unfortunately, his sister sat on it three days after I finished and wrecked it completely!!:curse:

bigfan

Jul 13, 2010
I built something like that last year... it took me the whole summer not to mention it looks nowhere NEAR as good as that (Been getting better at Papercrafting since). I think the next pair of ink cartridges I buy will be tasked with Printing the Parts for Pulse Rifle #2.
I also used Elmer's Glue which tends to lose adhesive strength over time so the model is beginning to fall apart.

oldbot

Jun 25, 2010
Bkk Thailand
It's good to know that not only me who had spend a lot of time to do this kit.

I printed it on 180 gram flat paper which consumed a lot of ink. Beside the normal latex glue, I also used the 2-sides adhesive tape in some area instead of the glue to hold the large size attachment area. The most time consume parts are those slots around the barrel. The sliding handle and the top rail also took a lot of time for adjusting and alignment. I had to scrap a 1st set of top rial because it's twist! Goodluck that we can re-print.

This kit is excellent design and very enjoy in assembly. It's cool when I show it to friends. Everyone thought it is a BB-Gun (Airsoft Gun) but all of them surprised when they found that it made from paper!

Finnlock

Aug 1, 2010
Wow, that's a fantastic build. How feesable is it to add a digital counter for the bullets?

scarmig

Apr 3, 2010
Wow, that's a fantastic build. How feesable is it to add a digital counter for the bullets?

I don't think that would be too hard.

You can get LED counters at electronic shops online, and I would think a simple chip to display numbers. Plenty of room inside for mounting things. If the trigger moves, you could put a contact on it and actually have the trigger initiate the LED counter.

I'm not sure about the programming of the chip though. Maybe something out there pre-built, or someone who knows how could program it and mount it on a small board.

Here's a project on it:
http://members.shaw.ca/roma/three digits.html

glabbott

Nov 4, 2008
My Fav

This has to be my favorite build of all time. Also my fav movie weapon. Nothing like an all in 1 Alien liquifier.