ALIENS Dropship

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by silveroxide, Nov 29, 2010.

1. silveroxide

silveroxide Well-Known Member

I am glad that you have enjoyed the build thread. I did the thread for the benefit of those who have downloaded the plans but were apprehensive in the construction of it. Jan does some remarkable models and very intricate in the folds. This whole scenario is big, very big. It is also an ink intensive print-out. If you build it to Jans plans, it is an outstanding build. I just expanded on his work to see how it came out. I do recommend to do the landing skids with some kind of metal support to be able to withstand the size and weight. This is the only weak link in the build. Try it and I am sure that you will enjoy in the build. Do not forget to thank Jan for the work he put into the plans. Enjoy and see you around the forums.:wave::wave::wave:
  2. MTK

MTK Active Member

Well, you've done a fine job and Jan deservses kudos. I would love the see the whole things built and am amazed at the time and work that Jan has put into these models over the years.
  3. silveroxide

Yes MTK, Jan is a fantastic designer. The only drawback, i see in his SULACCO, is the amount of pages and ink needed to build it, plus the size. I will probably not get around to building it due to space available. But it is a great design. I have enjoyed building his models and may do the APC again in the futures. Now I am waiting to see some more builds of the Dropship in the future. Enjoy an see you all around the forums.
  4. MTK

MTK Active Member

This has been on my build list forever perhaps I can get around to it after I finish the contract job I'm on. There are so many things I'd like to have the time to do. I'd like to Jan finish up the entire compound at LV...462?
  5. Will J.

Will J. New Member

Thanks for all the clear pics of your build it looks great. This model is on the shortlist of next to build on my side.
  6. atomgas

atomgas New Member

Truly amazing models! I started the dropship but have yet to work on the compound.

I noticed in the "trash" section of Jan's website there's a WIP for the dropship cockpit. I think he's updating it. Still waiting for that one to be finished and released.

Also hoping to see the Narcissus shuttle from the first Alien movie. Wondering if there'll ever be a model of the Betty from Alien Resurrection.
  7. Rapidtox

Rapidtox Member

Impressive work silveroxide, but...where are the aliens? :)
  8. silveroxide

I know what you mean. I have a pending contract right now and as soon as I get my go ahead, I can start plans on building other objects. I like the APC and may do an interior for it. It will be at 1/48 scale.

Go for it. I hope that my build will be of help in your attempt. Remember, that the short wings can be problematic. Enjoy and hope to see your build soon.

As I mentioned near the end, This is a rather big display so plan accordingly. I was not prepared for the size and scope of the project.

There are some paper 2d models of the aliens out there but that will have to wait until I have the free time. When I get the opportunity, I will try to find some acft support figures and items to enhanced the pad. Enjoy and see you all around the forums.:wave::wave::wave: