Alexander Schleicher ASK-21

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by marian, Oct 25, 2005.

1. marian

marian New Member

I am happy to release cardmodel kits of the two ASK-21 gliders I received primary training in this summer. The ASK-21 is also known as K-21 in the U.S..

The download is at:

Jan Müller has built a beautiful model from my kit, see attached picture.

Have fun!

Ciao, MM

Attached Files:

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy marian,

Thats a beautiful plane, well done! I dont know if you have attempted it or not, but this model looks like it might fly if weighted correctly.
    With your talent, you oughta give thought to designing a model of the "global flyer" designed by Burt Rutan. I realize its not a "sail plane" but it looks like a model you could design and would be an instant hit. There are no card models of the global flyer out there that I am aware of although there are several models of Rutans "Spaceship one" and the "Whiteknight".

Anyway, Great Job and we all look forward to more of your work in the future. I am going to go download the plane right now.

Have a good day,

Greg aka GW
  3. marian

marian New Member

Thank you for your kind comment.

Re Global Flyer: Why not? Rutans aircraft are special.

I still need to model two more sailplanes I flew this year, though.

Ciao, MM
  4. morewings

morewings New Member

Global Flyer

Hi GEEDUBBYA, hi all,

do you know where to get a 3-side-view of Rutans plane.

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Morewings,

Well I am on my way to work as we speak, its 7 am here now, but I will be back home this evening and I am sure I can find you some three view drawings.
    Sorry I cant do it right now, but I am sure someone else will probably know where some drawings are too, if not, like I said I will get ya some this afternoon.

Have a good day,

Greg aka GW
  6. tausugAir

tausugAir Member

Hi, Marian :

Your Glider model is a beauty and a refreshing piece of work from the many other conventionals aircraft. I've just downloaded IT. MANY, MANY THANKS. More power to your designing regards

7. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Marian, many thanks for yuor design! My last trip in a glider was in one of these, at the Bannerdown Gliding Club, . And there is a little story to tell! While another visitor was flying, I started chatting with this persons husband, and he was very interested in my motorcycle (a Honda Deauville) so I let him have a go on it. Two weeks later he agreed to buy it from me, so I just had to get a new motorcycle, which is why I now have a blue Yamaha FJR, exactly like my avatar!

So, I like ASK 21s very much!

Thanks again,

Tim P

PS The flight was great, by the way! As soon as the pilot discovered I had flown T31s 30-odd years ago, he let me fly the whole trip, stalls, wing-overs and lining up for the landing (he did the actual landing though!) It must have looked awful from the ground, but I enjoyed it!
  8. marian

marian New Member

My pick for a more challenging design after a set of sailplanes which currently are in beta-build is a different beast by Rutan: The Beech Starship.

Work in progress on the design is at:

There will be a two-week break as I am off on holiday but I hope to continue with it when I am back.

Ciao, MM

Attached Files:

9. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

That is a beautiful and graceful looking aircraft. Great job Marian!
    Will this be available to the public free or are you selling the model?