aaw.jpg

aax.jpg

aay.jpg

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Those Alcos were a pleasing sight as was all the rolling stock behind them. What's the color on those units? It looks similar to Pennsy Brunswick Green?
Ralph

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
You have the greatest luck getting those "railfanning" opportunities. The trains just seem to know when you are going to be at the right spot:)

That is a nice piece of work on every aspect, the painting , weathering, detail work, and the scenery. Very impressive.

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Another nice looking train, Tom. Even though I model mostly steam, I've always liked the look of the RS-1: something about the cab roof gives it a strong connection to a steam loco, in my opinion. I like those Central Railroad of Pennsylvania hoppers, too. I had a Train Miniature hopper that I used C-D-S lettering to make a CRP hopper, although if you ever see it, it will be in one of cnnutbar's posts, as it's now part of his roster. He and I were talking last week and we both agreed that your trains always look so good that it's easy to overlook your equally nice scenery, so if I've neglected to say so, nice scenery too.

Wayne

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Thanks guys!

Wayne
The two CRP hoppers are made with the CDS Lettering.

BTW, We (the wife, kids, and I) maybe in your neck of the woods in June. The wife is talking about taking a long weekend trip up to Niagara Falls. She has got two personal days she has to use by June 13th or lose them.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Ralph said:
Those Alcos were a pleasing sight as was all the rolling stock behind them. What's the color on those units? It looks similar to Pennsy Brunswick Green?
Ralph

They are blue. I did some light weathering. Looks the Dullcoat darken the blue some.

Here they are unweathered:
ags.jpg

agt.jpg

yellowlynn

Jul 7, 2001
Whitehouse, Tx USA
Visit site
:rolleyes: Tom, I think I have to call your bluff on this one. You found a "railfanning" spot where there was a concrete wall to put in the lower right hand corner to make it look like the edge of your L/O, then claim how good you made everything look. You're sure suckering us in on this one.

sign1 sign1 Lynn

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Thanks All!

Clark
You know after I posted the second set of photos I am wondering about the lighting. I am going to have to take a closer look because I didn't think I weathered them that much and I only ran the paint along the trucks and lower body. I have had Dullcoat really cut the shine down on a few other items in the past, however.

Art67

Apr 18, 2005
Baltimore
I think Tom needs to do a tutorial on his rust technique {hint hint}- I always admire how life-like it always comes out looking. Stuart.