Alco C-425 Model

Does anyone know where I might find a C-425 model? I understand that both Atlas and Stewart had them in the past, but are no longer producing them. I am particularly interested in the New Haven version, but anything would suffice, as I plan a custom paint job. Built or unbuilt, it doesn't matter, as long as it runs! Thanks in advance.

Gary Pfeil

Dave, Pretty sure Atlas just released them in their classic line. I know they did with the 424, I bought one for the M&E recently. Makes sense the 425 would be released at the same time.

Gary

Thanks, Gary. I checked with several dealers at our just-completed Railfair, and they all came up with the same story, that it was no longer available. Maybe it's TOO new. Maybe I should check the Atlas site.

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Dave,
When I built my SP&S C425s, I had the LHS order two sets of "parts". Shells, frames, motors, trucks, etc. If there's no other way, you may be able to do it that way. Undec shells would be better, as long as you are doing a custom paint.
Pete

Pete:

I already have a line on a shell. etc. Just need the running gear. However, if I can locate a complete unit, that would be better.

Gary:

I'l check that website tomorrow. Thanks.

Just had a chance to check Tony's web site and placed an order. Thanks for all the help. I suppose, when it's all done, I'll have to post some pix.

C-425

Bad news received from Tony's today. The unit is no longer available and out of stock, so they cancelled my order. I'm still looking! Any more ideas appreciated.

Edmund

Dave Flinn I sent you an email with the nameof a guy who knows a hobby shop that had some C425's on Friday. Not sure what roads. I hope it helps.

Ted

C-425

Thanks to all here who responded to my plea for help, both on the forum and privately. I still haven't gotten what I'm looking for, but I have several good leads. Will post here if and when I am successful.

Gary Pfeil

Hey Dave, I see there is one on ebay now, currently at $33, 20 hours left. It is done as Penn Central, an easy scheme to rework. Just do search for C-425.

C-425

If anyone cares, thanks to a good bit of online help, I now have in my hot little hands a brand new Atlas Classic undecorated model, so I'm all set. When the custom paint job is done, I'll try to post it here.

Dave, is there a big difference between the C-425 and the C-415?
I'm asking because I have an HO Lifelike C415 and I have forsaken HO in favour of N. If it's any use to you I can let you have it for a song. E-mail me if it's of interest to you and I send you other photos of it.

Dang, trust me not to read all the posts in here ... just another "senior moment" ... :rolleyes: :D :D

Errol

Attachments

• alco c 415.jpg
    alco c 415.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 55