Albatros C.I

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by EricGoedkoop, Jul 12, 2005.

1. EricGoedkoop

EricGoedkoop Member

Hello all -

I've posted some pictures of my scratchbuilt Albatros C.I in the gallery.

2. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Eric.......... see the post for paperwarbirds contest..........any one of your builds would be a shoe-in.

Just my opinion.

Anyway for entering you get a Fokker DR1. Not that you need to buy an already designed bird!
  3. EricGoedkoop

EricGoedkoop Member

I noticed that earlier. I might throw my hat in the ring.

Well, it would save me an awful lot of work :wink:

There's only so long any self-respecting WWI-ophile can get away with not having a Dr.I on the shelf, but that kite isn't one I would look forward to scratchbuilding.
  4. Leif Oh

Leif Oh Member

That is such a beautiful technique, letting the structure of the paper and other material provide the character of the model. You are establishing a school of paper modeling in your own right. - Leif
  5. Gil

Gil Active Member

Very clean style. Pristine in it's accomplishment. I'm in agreement with Leif, your selection of media is penultimate to the looks of the finished work. An art in a class by itself.

Thanks, Gil
  6. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Eric......... I get the pun.........when will you do a Nieuport 28 with those markings?

7. EricGoedkoop

EricGoedkoop Member

No pun intended, actually.

But now that you mention it, the 28 is a fine-looking bird. Seems like I add one to the to-do list just about every day . . . . .
  8. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

9. EricGoedkoop

EricGoedkoop Member

Yep - one of my favorites. Todd does beautiful work. His Albatros B.II inspired the C.I, actually.
  10. bholderman

bholderman Member

This is why I get so frustrated and destroy any of my builds thus far. My skill isnt in spitting distance to this. Great job.

One note in regards to the Paperwarbirds contest, I do believe this particular build is considered published, thus not qualified. But, please do correct me if I'm wrong.