al- hussien scud missile in parts bin

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by GEEDUBBYA, May 2, 2005.

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Guys,

For those of you who havent seen it yet, Eric, from over at has generously given us an al-hussien scud missile in our parts bin as a free download.
    Not only is this a card model, but it can be made to fly also thru the use of model rocket engines (see details on his site).
    Eric is one of our newer members and I have liked his work since I first saw it. of course i was a really big model rocketeer back in my married days. This combines the best of two hobbies in my opinion, the relaxation of building a card model and the joy of watching it lift off the launch pad. I still remember the the speeds at which these type rockets are said to achieve in flight, accoreding to rocket engine manufacturers, some 300+ mph 3 seconds after lift off. If you think fireworks are "neat", wait til you see the 8" to 10" flames some model rockets throw out on their way up. (depending on engine size).
    For those who just want a static display, this will make a beautiful one, it is very detailed. I got my copy of it before it was offered here and looking forward to making this build. So please stop by and download it, the zipped pages are on standard paper size.
    So, allow me to be the first to thank you Eric, it is much appreciated.

have a nice evening all,

Greg aka GEEDUBBYA
  2. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Thanks both of you!

Tim P
  3. jrts

jrts Active Member

Thanks for the models and the link, cracker designs these.
    Well worth a build.
    Now I have a use for the rocket motors left over from another project :lol:

I love things big or with the potential to go bang.

Thanks again, both my kids and I will love them

4. Leif Oh

Leif Oh Member

Happy birthday, Greg ("GW")! - Leif

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Thank you Leif, much appreciated!.

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Guys,

I just wanted to say, all the thanks are due to Eric. It was his design and his good will that has "landed" this scud on the site.
    And 46 downloads in 3 days isnt bad, I would say that it is a hit! So you guys be sure and thank Eric, not me, it was his model, I just wanted to bring attention to it being here in the parts bin and thank him myself.

Greg aka GW