Airwolf Now Available

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Willja67, May 21, 2006.

1. Willja67

Willja67 Member

2. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I gotta admit... thats a sexy helo. ;)

Nice work and thank you very muchly for sharing the effort.
  3. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

Yes...Thanks indeed! Looks like a sweet model....I think my dad will have fun with it too.
  4. dpileggi

dpileggi New Member

Any problems with downloading the model or the site?

I could use some feedback.

Is anyone having any problems downloading the model's parts.pdf or the instructions.pdfs?

5. GT5500

GT5500 Member

Wow!!!!! the best late birthday present I ever got!!!!, it all downloaded just fine although I got a message on adobe about geneva format incorrect or something. Not sure what it was but it all seemed to download just fine, I can't wait to build this, how difficult would you say it was it looks quite tricky. I am currently finishing off a Currell V1 but I may build another simpler model before trying out this beast, Thanks you very much David you have made my day.
  6. Willja67

Willja67 Member

I don't think the error message means anything significant as it always came up when I opened the file. I think adobe and Rhino just couldn't agree totally on some minor point. As for difficulty on a scale of 1-10 with 1 being really easy I would rate this as maybe a 6.

I would like some feedback on the instructions, specifically are they adequate?
  7. GT5500

GT5500 Member

Instructions look excellent I think even a relative novice such as me could build it from them although I am not sure that my skills would do it justice yet. A model like this need to be curved and formed smoothly to make it llok really good.
  8. Ponytail

Ponytail Member

Nice model, splendid design.
    Is there a story about this heli?

9. Willja67

Willja67 Member

What do you mean by story? There was a TV series in the early 80's that this came from if that's what you mean.
  10. modelincard

modelincard Member

It's available at my site now (zip format).
  11. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

A big hand for all those who makeing this project a reality !!! Great job !!!
  12. Alcides

Alcides Member

Really very good

Thank you very much for share your efforts.

13. Darth Windius

Darth Windius Member

Yeahhh very late post

... but I am still a Newcomer. I discovered the model on DPILEGI site, but as the model buildr is here I thank the two: William for a very beautifull model of an emblematic TV Series Machine of my younger years :thumb: and DPILEGGI for hosting it :wave::wave: along with otehrs fine models...

Thanks to both for sharing!!!!!!
  14. Kjev

Kjev Member

You know, I LOVED that bird as a kid. I loved the show, the helo, the guns, the theme song. . . . which I still listen to on my iPod while I operate heavy equipment. Wonder if they will ever do a remake, and if they did, would it be as good, or just screwed up.

What is the scale on this model?
  15. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Well thanks guys for the compliments. The model scale is pretty close to 1/32. Not exactly but rounding off comes close.
  16. PixelOz

PixelOz New Member

I always liked how the Airwolf looked. Even though it was just a glorified Bell 222 the addition of those engine housings, the weapons and the paint scheme made the darned thing look completely different and then all that coupled with special effects sounds and the accelerated takes made it look terrific.

I heard some people say sometimes "but its just Bell 222", but wow, how different it looked when modified like that, with all the special effects and the artistically made camera takes! Like Jim Carey said in one of his movies: "The difference? Showmanship!"

By the way, the paper model looks just beautiful.
  17. Celldecay

Celldecay New Member

Very nice. Anyone know where I might find a blue thunder helicopter?
  18. Kjev

Kjev Member

If I remember, Blue Thunder was just a blue Apache gunship (I think it was an Apache. I can never remember the differences between the Apache and the Commanche.)

I'd say find a good model of the correct helo, and use a program like Photoshop to adjust the color and bring out the blue.

Actually, if you find one you like, PM me, and I may even be able to help out.
  19. Vahmp

Vahmp Member

Sorry to say...
    But Blue Thunder is far from being an Apache gunship, even father from a Comanche.
    It may look like the Apache (at a fast glance), but it's definately not one of those.
    Blue Thunder is wider than any of those helos.

Any I'd definately like a copy of a papermodel of BT too, if there's one out there (to date, haven't found one)
  20. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

Blue Thunder is a Aérospatiale SA-341G Gazelle (Thanks Wikipedia) and was highly modified, especially the cockpit and nose. It will take more than just a recolor to make one. Though I did see a very nice Blue Thunder 3d model on google sketchup if anyone is willing to do a little work...

Attached Files: