Airwolf Completed ........

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by atamjeet, Apr 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Wonderful work on that Airwolf. It's definitely on my build-soon list, and seeing your build in glossy paper has got me thinking seriously about trying it in glossy. Like some of the others that have replied, my experience with glossy paper so far has not been good, but your model shows that perserverance pays.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

2. paperbeam

paperbeam Member

Great Build & Great Pics Too!

I don't remember there being that much white paint on it but must have been if the model's designed like that.:-D

High gloss paper definitely the right method.:twisted:

3. Adamjeet may be able to provide more feedback on this, but I think an important distinction should be made here - laser vs inkjet glossy paper. If you're talking about inkjet glossy paper, I agree with those who seriously dislike it. Sticky, fingerprints all over it, hard to fashion. However laser glossy paper is a completely different story. I feel it doesn't compromise - all the advantages of cardstock along with a high quality finish and the ability to "scratch off" errant glue spots in a jiff. Some people don't like laser print quality. SO much of that depends on the quality of printer that is used (and using the correct settings for that printer).

4. atamjeet

atamjeet Member

first of all, its ATAMJEET not Adamjeet (u really sound crazy hehehe :)
    aaaaaaa, well i am talking abt inkjet photo paper, to be specific i use the De'Smat Photo expressions photo paper, for airwolf i used a 260 GSM paper, and its an inkjet photo paper, and i really dont get any sort of difficulty using such paper, i gave it a try frst time while building Mercedes Benz SSK, and the results were good, so after dat day, i use photo paper only,
    guys, ,may be the problem u are facing is due to the glue u use, lemme explain....
    the normal paper which most of us use, (the matt paper/cardstock), in dat paper there are microscopic fibres protruding out of the paper, we cant see them with naked eye, and thats why those micro fibres help in increasing the bonding of different parts if we use any kind of glue, those fibres help in interacting with the fibres of the other part and hence we get a very very ruff and tuff joint...
    but in the case of photo paper, its laminated..... and this makes all the difference, the firbes are not there and thats why its hard to join photo paper together, and i have solved thos problem, i use the FEVICOL, its an indian gum, but its made specifically made to join wooden parts, the carpenters and all use this super glue... so i really find no difficulty to joi photo paper with fevicol, and if i use normal glue, it wont stick easily, but it will work with matt paper....
    i hope i am able to explain my points,,, its my own experience and its really working for me,and one thing i am suer is, the results which we get by using photo paper and superior than the results we will get if we use the normal matt paper... and i know most of u agree with my statement...
    and i know all my future models will be made using photo paper only... cuz i love the outcomes....
    any questions?????????? :twisted:
  5. Flanker37

Flanker37 New Member

The color of airwolf is not black and white, but what they call DuPont Phantom Grey Effect No. 5031. and the bottom is Pearl Grey. Just remember scale effect if painting
  6. atamjeet

atamjeet Member

one question

I posted this thread 1 year ago. I am not able to see the pictures which I attached in this forum, Can anyone please let me know where can I find my pics of Airwolf?
  7. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

Nice work there!!!

Hey guys... I lost my link to the Airwolf helo... can someone gave me the link again? thanks!!! :-D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.