Airwolf Beta builders wanted

allhallowseve

Jul 13, 2005
You realy put sometime in to this project an everyone seem very happy with the finsh model i for am thank you again maybe now your have time to do your own project i know how it is i still need finsh the back landing gear on it i just have't had the time plus hoilday and be sick for the last week have 't help much i can't speak for evey one but form me to you , you done a hell of a job !!!

Willja67

Feb 12, 2005
Grantsville,Utah
I'm glad the model seems to meet the approval of all the beta builders I've heard from. One of the reasons I haven't finished yet is that I have been improving the model in various ways. One example is the stub wings. On the one I sent to the beta builders the trailing edge corner was square on the new design that corner has been rounded off like the real thing and it gives it a much more finished look to the model. I've also added a couple of other slight detail improvements that only the beta builders will recognize but hopefully everybody will appreciate.

Willja67

Feb 12, 2005
Grantsville,Utah
This is still technically a beta build since I'm seeing if it all works out okay and I didn't want to start a new thread. Just thought I'd give a preview of what's coming.

You'll note if you look carefully that the glare on the windscreen (my one contribution to the paint job) doesn't match with the glare on the other windows. That has been corrected and I've found a few other minor problems that need to be fixed and I'm sure I'll find a few more before I'm done but here she is. Kudos to Alex aka Modelincard for a very nice paint job.

dsc00166gt.jpg

You'll note I tried to use a sharpie to cover the seems, it didn't work to well.

Willja67

Feb 12, 2005
Grantsville,Utah
This is still technically a beta build since I'm seeing if it all works out okay and I didn't want to start a new thread. Just thought I'd give a preview of what's coming.

You'll note if you look carefully that the glare on the windscreen (my one contribution to the paint job) doesn't match with the glare on the other windows. That has been corrected and I've found a few other minor problems that need to be fixed and I'm sure I'll find a few more before I'm done but here she is. Kudos to Alex aka Modelincard for a very nice paint job.

dsc00166gt.jpg

You'll note I tried to use a sharpie to cover the seems, it didn't work to well.

Willja67

Feb 12, 2005
Grantsville,Utah
No the project was never dead just in the hands of busy people who did their best to get it done with limited time. I hope the finished product turns out okay cause if there's a weak link it's me.

Willja67

Feb 12, 2005
Grantsville,Utah
No the project was never dead just in the hands of busy people who did their best to get it done with limited time. I hope the finished product turns out okay cause if there's a weak link it's me.

Willja67

Feb 12, 2005
Grantsville,Utah
Here is some more progress. There are more pics that I'm sure you would like to see but I can't get my computer to work, so here is the one I did manage to get right.

P1010006.JPG

Well I managed another maybe I'll get the hang of it one of these days. For all of you who wanted the wolf to have teeth here they are(still growing).

P1010005.JPG

Willja67

Feb 12, 2005
Grantsville,Utah
Here is some more progress. There are more pics that I'm sure you would like to see but I can't get my computer to work, so here is the one I did manage to get right.

P1010006.JPG

Well I managed another maybe I'll get the hang of it one of these days. For all of you who wanted the wolf to have teeth here they are(still growing).

P1010005.JPG

Willja67

Feb 12, 2005
Grantsville,Utah
Just thought I'd let you all know what scale the model is, right now it's about1/32.6. I just scaled it to the size I thought would fit best on letter sized paper so I guess I did pretty good as 1/33 seems to be the standard large scale in card modeling. The fuselage is approx. 15.5 in. in length and I haven't measured the rotor yet. These pics are from last night but I thought they might be of interest.

P1010003.JPG

The gun cover is held by three rods the biggest is just a carrythrough from the main gear and the smaller two I haven't put in just cause I didn't want to.

P1010004.JPG

I plan on devoting a couple hours tonight to the project so maybe more pics tommorrow but I'm a slow builder mostly due to a mild case of A.D.D.

Willja67

Feb 12, 2005
Grantsville,Utah
Just thought I'd let you all know what scale the model is, right now it's about1/32.6. I just scaled it to the size I thought would fit best on letter sized paper so I guess I did pretty good as 1/33 seems to be the standard large scale in card modeling. The fuselage is approx. 15.5 in. in length and I haven't measured the rotor yet. These pics are from last night but I thought they might be of interest.

P1010003.JPG

The gun cover is held by three rods the biggest is just a carrythrough from the main gear and the smaller two I haven't put in just cause I didn't want to.

P1010004.JPG

I plan on devoting a couple hours tonight to the project so maybe more pics tommorrow but I'm a slow builder mostly due to a mild case of A.D.D.