Airwolf Beta builders wanted

Willja67

Feb 12, 2005
Grantsville,Utah
Ok folks airwolf is pretty much complete. I have one volunteer to beta build it already and I would like 2-3 more. I would ask those that volunteer to please commit to build it quick and report what works and what doesn't so it can be finished as soon as possible.

GEEDUBBYA

Sep 26, 2005
PINE BLUFF, ARKANSAS
Howdy Willja,

Well congrats on the airwolf project. I would volunteer, but, with my new job, I havent had time to even consider starting anything lately, especially a "beta" build for appraisal purposes.
However, when its finished I would like a copy to build when the time comes available.
I have been going in to work at six thirty am and some nights not getting off til nine pm........The joys of upper management! Yay!
Anyway congrats and good luck with it, just give the posting a little bit and I am sure you will have plenty of takers.

Have a good day,

Greg aka GW

allhallowseve

Jul 13, 2005
i know what you mean Geed about that upper manger stuff !!! i voulteer i'am off saturday night i should be the most together over the weekend. its the least i can do being the one that ask to have it made in the frist place ha ha !!

let me know my e-mail allhallowseve31@yahoo.com

Willja67

Feb 12, 2005
Grantsville,Utah
Well GW I seem to remember you saying that you got that new position and that you thought you might not be so busy. I have noticed that you haven't been posting as much. Well congrats anyway hopefully on getting paid more for your time.

Sure Allhalloweseve you probably deserve the honor of getting a first peek at the model since you started all this.

I've now got four volunteers for the project and just as soon as I get some basic instructions made I'll send the model out.

edit,

with yaniv we now have five volunteers. I will accept one more and will require that said individual have built or designed a helicopter before. Reason being I want some experienced feedback on the rotor design. If there is one weakness in the model the rotor is definately it.

yaniv

Nov 6, 2004
willja67 thenks for ading me to your testers list :)

well if the model is ready i will love to start it with no instraction since i have now 3 days of from work :)

please e mail me : yanivgoa@yahoo.com

Willja67

Feb 12, 2005
Grantsville,Utah
I guess with our dear admin volunteering his expertise we now have all the beta builder postions filled. I'll try and get the files to you all soon but it might have to wait till sunday or later as I'm going out of town tommorrow and saturday.

GEEDUBBYA

Sep 26, 2005
PINE BLUFF, ARKANSAS
Howdy willja,

Yeah I thought I would have more free time too lol boy they had me fooled! I work in a transformer factory and my first day (2 weeks ago) as maint. and machine shop superintendant, the building took a lightning strike. If you think a lightning strike on a transformer is bad, wait til ya see what it tears up when a whole transformer factory gets hit. Fortunately I have the benifit of being able to call upon my predecessor who retired after 40 yrs. But, It has taken alot of overtime by both hourly and salary employees to get it all back up and running.....and we are still only partially there.
I was told this was the worst lightning strike (as far as damaging equip) that the company had ever experienced....and like I said it happened on my first day as boss lol.

have a good day,

Greg aka GW

Willja67

Feb 12, 2005
Grantsville,Utah
Creating instructions didn't take near as long as I thought it would. My only problem now is understanding pdf's. I managed to convert the corel draw file to pdf all right but what was 4 pages of parts now fit into one corner of 1 page. Do I need to save each individual page as a pdf? How do I make sure the scale doesn't get jacked up?

Willja67

Feb 12, 2005
Grantsville,Utah
Okay guys I just sent (or at least tried to send) the files to all you who volunteered for the project. If you see this post could you please check and see if the files actually came through? Also Darwin I lost your email. Sorry! I've sent a pm requesting it but maybe you'll see this sooner. Anyway here's hoping you all can get started testing my model. Enjoy.

Willja67

Feb 12, 2005
Grantsville,Utah
Here is a note to all I sent the model to. I don't think I gave enough instruction on the main rotor. The piece that goes between the blades that connects directly to the rotor shaft needs to be laminated on several thicknesses of posterboard ( 3 thicknesses of what I used) in order to be useable. The rotor blades themselves slide over the tapered ends of said piece until the taper ends.

If I forgot anything else let me know.

yaniv

Nov 6, 2004
i got the file but whan i open it on photoshop its tell mo no plug in or so?

u can please send it as pdf file?

Willja67

Feb 12, 2005
Grantsville,Utah
For Allhalloweseve I probably typed your email wrong. I'll try resending it. I enlisted charliec's help and he did get the files, so I know some of them went out.

For Yaniv, Charliec is working on trying to make the file into a pdf, I lack the knowledge to do it so far. If there is someone else that could take an ai file and convert it to pdf that would be helpful that way we'd have more than one person working on the problem. Maybe I'll try Wunwinglow as he's volunteered in the past.

GEEDUBBYA

Sep 26, 2005
PINE BLUFF, ARKANSAS
Howdy Willja,

In an effort to make your life abit easier, visit this link http://www.pdf995.com/download.html . Go ahead and download all 4 of the downloads on the right side of the page at the top.
Then anytime you wish to create a .pdf file, while viewing the work you wish to convert to .pdf, click "file" in top left of screen, then click "print". When the "print" box appears, you will see a "drop down" box with the word "name" beside it, click the small arrow in the right side of that box and select ".pdf 995" then click "ok".
It will instantly convert the document to .pdf format, (dont worry it wont try to print the document right then). You will also be able to name the new .pdf file in another box that will appear before it converts it to .pdf .
These are free downloads, and it works really well. I hope this helps

Have a good day,

Greg aka GW

Willja67

Feb 12, 2005
Grantsville,Utah
As ususual you guys have have been very helpful and I appreciate it. Special thanks go to Silverw, Charliec, and GW. Silverw managed to convert my ai file to a good looking pdf so any of you beta builders who haven't got the model yet let me know and it will be on the way shortly(but since I haven't received any messages yet everybody must have it already). Charliec combined all the screenshots with the written instructions into a excellent pdf that I really should forward to you all and GW has helped to make me more independent (teach a man to fish kind of deal) by finding the pdf download stuff. So thank you all.

Willja67

Feb 12, 2005
Grantsville,Utah
error in instructions

Silverw has brought to my attention an error in the instructions. In step 4 of the instructions it refers to piece 6b. That is a mistake on my part and really refers to part 6a(there is no 6b). Sorry for the confusion.

allhallowseve

Jul 13, 2005
Hello Will

Thank you for putting the time in to this project !!

I started doing some work on it last before going to work , i put most of the cockpit part and tail together Were is the 2 wing parts for the tail maybe it me looking at something wrong ??? the only problum i had so far was getting the 2 tab in the noise cone to stay in place. I try to work on the roter today because i 'll had to add more paper to it to make it stronger i didn't have a lamniter i'll manger it ha ha !! oh are there gun's for the side's ??? Seeing the beta model come to i can't wait to see the full paint one

thanks

Willja67

Feb 12, 2005
Grantsville,Utah
I'd have to look at the parts sheets which I don't have in front of me right now to know for sure but the wing parts you mentioned is either piece 22 or 23(step 7).

I haven't designed any of the weapons for it yet. I have to put a little more time in on my flight school stuff so I'll leave that to others to do. I'm willing to provide the file with the 3d model to anyone that wants it and they can finish up(provided they promise to share their work when finished).