aircraft wheels

Discussion in 'Tips, Tutorials & Tools' started by jasco, Jan 7, 2005.

1. jasco

jasco Member

dHello all. Since this is my first post to this usergroup, let me tell you a little about my modelling. I started card modelling 4-5 years ago after buying some "old Geller kits" at Oshkosh for a buck apiece. F-105, Hurricane, Dornier, Heinkel 111, etc. I must have bought a dozen of them.I've only built the F-105 to completion. Started the Dornier, but threw it away after the cat took a liking to the spot occupied by the plane. ( She smashed it and chewed up a wing!) Anyhooo, I've built several other card models, rockets, a space shuttle, DN V-108, Hughes racer, et al. Now I'm building the Westland Whirlwind from this site, finally decided to put the wheels down on a model and I'm thoroughly disgusted with the way the wheels look. Does anyone have a good method for producing wheels? The wheels in the pictures of the model are plainly NOT what is included in the kit. Do I use balsa, laminated cardstock,or what? Turn them on a lathe? Buy them from a supplier? Aaaagh!
  2. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

3. rickstef

rickstef Guest

our knowledge base/book has a chapter on making the various kinds of wheels

Take a peek

ps, Welcome, and we are more than a usergroup :D
  4. jasco

jasco Member

Thank you, gentlemen for the info on wheels. I read the excellent article on the P-51build. Your first outing in card modelling looks like a real success! I want to look at the "knowledge base/book". Where is that?
  5. rickstef

rickstef Guest

the articles section at the top of any page