Aircraft carriers?

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by fructose, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fructose

fructose Member

Anyone know where I can get a model of an aircraft carrier? Any scale is fine. TIA.
  2. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Graf Zeppelin
    HMS Victorious
    United States
    USS Card(OOP)
    USS Intrepid
    Modern Day
    HMS Invincible

Modern Day
    United States
    USS Forrestal

United States
    USS Gambier Bay

United States
    USS Gambier Bay

Hamburger Modelbau verlag
    Modern Day
    United States
    USS Enterprise(not out yet, preorder possible)

You might be able to find the odd out of print(OOP) kit on ebay
    and I hope this list is what you were looking for

3. fructose

fructose Member

Ahh, yes, that helps alot. Thanks!
  4. rickstef

rickstef Guest

I forgot one, the Karel Doorman from the Royal Dutch Navy, published by Veritas

the Karel Doorman was in service from 1948 til 1968, not sure what happened afterwards

5. rickstef

rickstef Guest

6. fructose

fructose Member

I can see why it's free.
  7. Darwin

Darwin Member

Hmm----how did I manage to miss the freebie? Thanks for the link, Rick. And don't forget the Maly Modelarz versions of the Oak Royal, Minsk, Essex, and Moscow. Watch Ebay close enough and you can find them, but be prepared to pay far more than the kits are worth when compared to the GPM kits, or even the JSC kits. They will need considerable "computer enhancement" (e.g., total redraw) to make a first rate display model.
  8. Scorpio

Scorpio Member

9. rickstef

rickstef Guest

There is nothing wrong with free, i might just build it myself, the non boat builder :D

10. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Oak Royal? I thought it was the Ark Royal, or is that a battleship?

11. rkelterer

rkelterer Member

indeed, it is the ark royal, I got one on ebay for ..$$$. :( but I have one :lol:

12. fructose

fructose Member

It's not a bad model, but it's a little to simple for my tastes. I've been a plastic modeler for so long that I appreciate nice details and challenges. That Saratoga kicks ass.
  13. 57townsman

57townsman Member

Hey guys, there are several carriers on eBay right now including the Enterprise. Most are currently out of print.

14. xyberz

xyberz Member

Is there any really nice modern carriers with intricate details for free?
  15. barry

barry Active Member

Cardmodellers do like a lot for nothing I am not any different but have you any idea how long one of those would take to design ?

best of luck
  16. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Carrier Link

I clicked on your link for the Freebie Carrier and I got some shots of a band, and some music, but nothing that looked anything like a ship of anykind...

The other Rick
  17. gwssms

gwssms Member

Old link. I guess the freebie carrier has sailed away. :) Anyway that "band" is none other than the incredible Robin Trower. How did we all get so old?
  18. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

There's another freebie aircraft carrier you might want to try here:

Towards the bottom of the page is a 1/700 CVN-75 Nimitz, including the air wings. Okay, it's a small scale, but Yuki's designs make nice little ships. The other ships he designed which are also available on that page are pretty neat too!

Attached Files:

19. beejay

beejay Member

Hello Rick
    Re R.N.N. Carrier Karel Doorman.
    She was originally the R.N. Colossus Class Light Aircraft Carrier H.M.S. Venerable.
    After WW2 service in the Pacific, she was transferred to the Netherlands on 1st April 1948.
    After service with that navy, she was sold to the Argentinian Navy on 15th October 1968 and renamed Vienticinco de Mayo. She participated in the early stages of the Falklands campaign but following the loss of the Gerneral Belgrano, she and the rest of the Argentinian Fleet kept within the 12 miles coastal limit imposed by the R.N. She was decommisioned in the late 1980s and scrapped in India in 1999.
    I hope this info is of interst to you.
  20. theVoiD

theVoiD New Member

Need help

Hi everybody!

I so need that CVN-75 Nimitz Paper model, but it can't be found anywhere anymore. Also the site doesn't seem to work. Can anybody help me? Or send me the pdf-files?

I would be really grateful. I am grateful even now, just for You guys reading that post ^_^
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.