Airbrush info needed

Rob24

Nov 26, 2007
Hi guys,

I have a very cheap Testors airbrush. I have the cheapest one you buy a few years back. It hooks to a can. For bigger projects it works good. For finer detail it really stinks. I was looking at getting a new one. I know very little abut them. I searched ebay for a little bit. I came across a mighty mini, mini blue, and Aztec.

What is a good brush for model trains and such? I would like to be able to paint the whole car as well as paint fine lines. Also what gives the best bang for your buck?

Rob24

Nov 26, 2007
Thnks for the info Ron, but they have like 60000000000000 different systems. Which one do you use? Care to elaborate a little?

nkp174

Oct 10, 2006
Cincinnati, O.
I've used Paasche H and VL. I've heard Paasche recommend more often than all the brands combined...but I don't know if it is because they are better...or just more common. I'm sure that there are plenty of good opinions on various brands. I've never been anything but supremely pleased with the VL. It corrected the only downside to the H...the VL is a double action where the H is a single action.

Mountain Man

Jan 19, 2007
Any good hobby shop or art supply store can give you a full run-down on air brushes. The better ones have demo models you can try out.

What works well for someone else is not always "best" for you.

KCStephens

Sep 18, 2007
York, PA
I've been thinking about picking one of these up for some time now...
Anybody have any experience with this model from harbor freight...? for the price it looks like you can't go wrong, especially if you're just starting out.

Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

clear.gif