Ahoy Creative Types . . .

rockislandmike

Nov 6, 2001
Edmonton AB
dayfornight.qazam.com
. . . get your mouses warmed up. Here's the deal:

There's a fictional trucking company named Love Hewitt (yes, named after the actor, but I think it sounds good too), with major bases of operation in Albuquerque NM, and St. Louis MO. In 1978, two years prior to the time of my layout, they also purchased all the assets of another trucking company, Corwin Fastfreight (named after my brother), about 1/2 of its size.

In April 1980, they created a joint venture with the Santa Fe to propel their trailers/containers from St. Louis to Albuquerque and back. To announce/market the new venture, two Santa Fe U36C's will be painted up in Love Hewitt / Corwin Fastfreight colors, and will be on the headend of all consists (which would include ONLY Love Hewitt / Corwin trailers/containers).

Here's where I need some help. I've been wracking my brain for (a) logos for Love Hewitt and Corwin Fastfreight; and (b) a name for the merged company (unless I decide that Love Hewitt was big enough that it would just retain that name, which is sort of the route I'm heading unless someone comes up with an amazing merged name and logo).

Any help would be much appreciated. I'm usually pretty good at creative efforts such as this, but for some reason just can't get my head around this one. The only thing I'm thinking at this point is that Love Hewitt trailers/containers (and the U36C's) would be pale yellow in color.

<< drats, just found out while I was typing this that a three-weekend course I wanted to take on Competitive Intelligence was cancelled cause they only had four registrations >>