AH, Nr 2/2003, P-39N Airacobra

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by edikk, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

More planes! I love all of the plane building pictures and threads!

Very beautuful and detailed model! Wish mine looked so good!

2. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Nice work, a very pretty model.
  3. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

сделанное добро, Edikk!

The wings look terrific. I can't even get a simple fold over wing to look decent.

Thanks for giving everyone the chance to see you build.
  4. edikk

edikk Member

All many thanks for good words! I am glad that was pleasant to you.
  5. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Great job edikk! I love the detail inside the cockpit. You are an excellent photographer as well!
    In the close up of the cockpit construction, I noticed your card stock was mighty thick and had a rough texture to it. I liked it. It gave character to the surfaces. What exactly do you use? or did the kit come that way?
  6. edikk

edikk Member

You have what surface in view of, I have not understood you.:(
  7. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Sorry for the confusion.

In the begining of the thread you have some nice close ups of the cockpit and the machine gun area.
    Right behind the machine guns are two "walls" with a wedge in between them.
    The second wall behind the guns appears to be a thinner sheet laminated onto thicker card stock. I could be wrong?!?
    All the visible edges of card stock in this cockpit series of photos appear to be from thick stock. I could be just being fooled by the close up view.
    Have you laminated some parts onto thicker stock for a sturdier build or was this just part of the standard kit. Did you paint some of the parts in the machine gun area yourself?
    The thicker stock appears to have a heavy grain and when you paint it, it takes on a rough look. Again this could just be from the very close up view.
    Your very clear close ups make everything to appear "lifesize"!

One reason I ask all this is that I am fairly new to paper modeling and all my models have been downloaded off of the internet and printed onto 110 lb cardstock from Wal Mart.
    This stock is pretty good but it is all I have used so far. I have no actual kit experience.
    I've ordered about ten models in the past few days and I am still waiting for them to arrive.
    Also, I have been thinking about making my own paper to get different textures into my models. I got a couple of books from the library the other day about papermaking and I am getting ready to start experimenting with different plants.
    Anyway, you have done a fantastic job! You are a skilled craftsman and I am looking forward to more of your builds.:)
  8. edikk

edikk Member

Thank for a good response.

Weapon compartment I did all and then all painted. Partitions (wall) of 1 mm did of a cardboard, and other from a whatman paper.

I can again have not understood you? At me not wide experience of dialogue in English.:(