Ah-64 d [1:72]

Discussion in 'Armory & Military' started by chakotay, Jun 5, 2013.

1. chakotay

chakotay Member

Impressed by the 1:33 scaled Maly Modelarz model (7-8 /2003) of the AH-64 Apache, I was searching for a good and free paper model.

I spend alot of time for the search but I found nothing.

Finaly I decided to make a compromise. I took the model from this site

and gave it more details by myself.

Not all of the parts I'd add to the model has the correct scale I guess, but I think it looks not too bad.

2. Rogerio Silva

Rogerio Silva Active Member

It looks very cool, chakotay. I'd like to build one of those... Well, which one wouldn't I like to build? So many models, so little time...
  3. chakotay

chakotay Member

Thank you very much :)

I would like to build the AH-64 again but this time the one from Maly Modelarz, but it's not a free model. I found one which is similar to this one but costs 16 USD + shipping + duty. :eek:

new picture
  4. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

You did a GREAT JOB on this model.
  5. sidewinder81777

sidewinder81777 Midnight Modeler

If you need a cheaper way to go but still a nice AH-64 model, check out Marek's......................... no commercial links!!

Use the P.M.'s for this kind of info, please.
  6. chakotay

chakotay Member

@ Rhaven Blaack : Thank you very much :)

@ Sidewinder : Thanks alot for the link, but I think, I will try to get the one from Maly Modelarz - I really like this one - maybe someone is selling his unused sample somewhere - I will keep my eyes open for it ;-)
  7. SameeBD

SameeBD New Member

8. zathros

zathros -----SENIOR---- Administrator

Nice job. I am impressed by how clean and symmetrical the lines are. I bet you could modify this yourself and take it up a notch. :)
  9. MilanX3

MilanX3 Member

It is really well built...did you have to tweak the original model much or was it just a good design?

10. Dragos

Dragos Active Member

Nice job , I also plan to build this model one day but in 1:100.
    I fyou search in some european papermodel stores (spanish or french) you will find Maly's model for 6,90 euros repectively 8,50 euros. Maybe you spend some money but I think it's worth it because is very detailed model.