AgustaWestland heli, 1:36 - free downlaod

Bob43

Model Designer Extrodinaire Cornerstone Member
Free AgustaWestland Da Vinci helicopter paper model, 1:36 I am much happier with this model than with my previous Eurocopter, which I will be improving over the next few weeks (months?)
Can be downloaded from my site www.bobscardmodels.net76.net

PHOTO1_agustadavinci.jpg

Z

Zathros

Great Helo Bob, I added a picture for you. Love our website and your work! :)

Bob43

Thanks Zathros, it's of course a cheat - hovering with static rotors, my, my - what a plane!

Z

Zathros

I just opened up the .pdf, looks good and strong. If someone put some wire inside those rotors, you could almost make it kid proof. What child wouldn't want this to play with! :)

Could I recommend the Sikorsky X-2 next?

sikorskyx2-660x292.jpg

or it's propgenitor the Sikorsky ABC:

h59.jpg

or even, the rarely spoken of Sikorsky X-Wing, where the rotor actually did stop rotating!:

pv5n6a.jpg

SikorskyAHX-80LEOPARDSHARK.png

This last picture is the X-Wing mounted on the Sikorsky" RSRA" (RotorSystemsResearchAircraft), which has never been modeled. I did a lot of work on these. Very Hush hush at the time. It was designed so that it could blow off the rotor system if there was a problem and the craft could fl back down safely.

X-Wing_EC86-33555-2_NASA.jpg

There there is the Sikorsky Black Hawk, (not the Blackhawk). You don't hear of this one much:

Sikorsky_S-67_bw_lo-res.jpg

sik_s-67-s.gif

sik_s-67_2.jpg

1887606SqjAtzYTYD_ph.jpg

Bob43

Zathros: so many possibilities, thanks for all the info (do I detect a Sikorsky fan?).
About the rotors; in fact I glued top and bottom portion on to a 1mm breakfast pack carton, so the builder can chose whatever method he wants to strengthen the rotor.diameter of 30-31cm.
I have re-called the Eurocopter, as I am not at all happy with it. It will remain blocked on my site until all corrections have been carried out.
By the way, the rotor on the Agusta has also been corrected - it now has a

Z

Zathros

I worked on all those aircraft and some of them still are not quite ready for prime time. When you do see them, they will be in us.

Maybe I'll bang out an X-Wing tonight. That used the Coanda principle to form an airfoil out of compressed air on the leading edges of the blades that were stopped.

It would behoove you to do these often overlooked aircraft. The RSRA was a flying laboratory. :)