Agawa Canyon Tour Train?

Discussion in 'The Real Thing- North America' started by RobertInOntario, Mar 20, 2008.

1. acsoosub

acsoosub Member

The last time I actually rode the Canyon train in 2000, we crossed the Montreal River bridge in heavy fog. You could barely see the bottom, and you couldn't see the end of the train. It was kinda neat actually. Everything just faded off into the fog.
  2. RobertInOntario

RobertInOntario Active Member

Thanks for this info, especially about the Huron Central -- it would be great to catch glimpses of that -- as well as the hotel locations. I'm looking forward to this trip more and more! Rob
  3. RobertInOntario

That sounds great ! I normally try to find a spot in the first car right behind the engine anyway! Cheers, Rob
  4. RobertInOntario

The only thing that would make this trip better, I think, is if it were steam-hauled! Can you imagine how awesome it would be if they used a Hudson or Pacific!?! :mrgreen: I guess it's OK to dream. Rob
  5. CSXect

CSXect Member

:wave:have fun on the train ride and don't forget to take some pictures to share:thumb:
  6. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

Rob: the Huron Central follows the highway pretty well. The day we went by they seemed to be doing track work, so nothing was moving.
  7. RobertInOntario

Thanks, David -- I'll keep my eyes open for it. It should be a nice side benefit for our visit! Rob