After midnight

cnw1961

It is after midnight, everyone is asleep, no train running in my switching district.

I installed the first working street lamp on my layout today and could not resist to try to take a picture when only this light is on. Here is the result.

after_midnight1.jpg

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Great photo! Lots of atmosphere with that single bulb and very realistic looking roads and building. The signs on the pawn shop really bring it to life.
Ralph

doctorwayne

Very nice overall scene: the street, the structures, the vehicles, even the light. (And that's from a guy who purposely takes the lights out of his locomotives!!):D Well done.

Wayne

cnw1961

Thank you, I am glad you like it, even though there is no train in sight, only some rails. Gus, you are right, a little trash would improve the scene. Well, I’m working on it, there is still a lot to do. Ray, I got your hint, but I have to finish some more scenery first.

Art67

Kurt,

Very nice work, I am particulary impressed with your street trackage. What material did you use for your streets? Under that street lamp the road takes on an ultra realistic texture-top notch modeling all around.

Stuart

UP SD40-2

CNW1961, WOW!, i am floored!:thumb: TRULY AWESOME PIC and MODELING!!!:thumb: I cant wait to see more.:thumb: THANKS!:D

cnw1961

Thank you for your nice comments. I will post more pics, but I have to finish some more scenery first. The night shot has the big advantage to disguise all the unfinished stuff. It is amazing what the camera makes of the light of this little bulb, it encourages me to put more street lamps on my layout.

Stuart, in this picture you can see, how I build my street trackage. I don’t like to mess around with plaster (and I really make a mess when I mess around with plaster), so I had to find a clean way. I use two layers of cardboard: one to match the height of the ties and the second to match the height of the rails. Then I cover it with water resistant sanding paper(as you can see on the left side in this pic) and paint it with thin acrylic paint.

street.jpg