After 2 weeks?!?

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by Amazyah, Sep 22, 2006.

1. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

This site finally has let me in after being denied access for the past two weeks!

I don't know who is responsible for throwing the switch that let me back in, but Thank You!!!

2. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

1,739 posts have been made since I was cut off!
    I have a lot of catching up to do!

D***, it's good to be back!

3. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

Welcome back Russell!
    You have a "lot" of reading to catch up on....
  4. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Thank you sir! During my ordeal, I never lost sight of your site, so to speak! Thanks for the wonderful models of the "Cars" characters. You are a model designing wizard, my friend!

I owe a big thank you to Phil "thewoodengraver" Shore and Chris Gutzmer as well, for their help and support during my, shall I say it, castration!?
    Thanks guys, for your help and for keeping me informed. I would truly have gone nuts without you!

5. hpept

hpept Member

hello Amazyah,
    welcome back.
    About you being kicked out for so long (i can imagine your frustration :mad: ), i recently discovered that a recurrent problem i had to login from time to time seems due to the way i approach the forum.
    If i type and let the browser fill in the rest to complete the address there's no way to log in the site from the main page: it keeps on seeing me as a guest even typing my user+pw in the required fields. :cry:
    If i type then i type user+pw in the fields in the main page, then magically i log in as myself and not as a guest. :-D
    Maybe it was your case, or maybe not... Any hint from the moderators/site admins? :???:
  6. Gil

Gil Active Member

I agree with hpept. A similar problem has occured on several other sites that I visit regularly. Check to make sure your bookmark address is correct.

7. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

That's what we're here for buddy, welcome back!:grin:
  8. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Thanks for the welcome back everyone!

Believe this when I tell you though, I tried everything I could think of.
    I would give you the full list but it is awful long.
    The problem was not that I could not log on or that I typed the address wrong.
    When I tried to get on the site I would get a pop up window that told me that my access to this site was denied.
    It was if my IP address had been blocked for being a spammer or something.
    I had set up my account here so that new posts would be sent to my google mail account and that even stopped as well!
    I was totally cut off!
    I tried new browsers, without importing settings, I tried my wifes computer, (same DSL line though).
    I even contacted my ISP and asked for a new IP address and still have not heard back from them. Come to think about it, maybe they changed it and that is why I can suddenly get back in here.

Oh well, I am just so glad to be back, I can't tell you guys (and gals)!
    This forum has made such a big difference in my life, I wanted to pack my bags and go somewhere that I could communicate with everyone again!

OK, I have a challenge for you all.
    Take off for two weeks and have absolutely no contact with this forum whatsoever.
    No making posts, no reading posts, no pictures, no nothing, no anything!
    I take it back.
    It's just too cruel.

Peter, if you need donations for a new server, I have my checkbook ready!

9. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

Oh hey, "if" you're handing out donations..........:twisted:
  10. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

You are funny!

But as my Momma used to say, "Looks aren't everything." :grin:

Just joking Webdude, don't take me seriously!
  11. Kevin G

Kevin G Member

OK, Who let Russell back in???

Just kidding man its good to have you back!
    I go nuts when I can't log on for one day (even if its my own fault like going out of town). Can't imagine what two weeks is like.
    Welcome back!
  12. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Oh, and by the way Webdude, I have gotten so much enjoyment from your creations that it is about d*** time I did donate something to your site.
    As a matter of fact, I hear an awful lot of praise here for your creations as well as on other places like the google group's papermodelsII, I think it is about time that someone demand a little monetary appreciation for it.

You have done an extraordinary job in creating these Cars models for everyones enjoyment and have never asked for or charged a penny in return.

I challange all those who have downloaded these models to help out Webdude with a donation.

If everyone who ever downloaded one of his Cars creations would help out a little bit, I'll bet that would give him much more inspiration to create even more wonderful works for all of us!

Come on guys, what do you say?!
  13. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Thanks Kevin!
    It's great to be back in the fold my man!
  14. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

I just came back from the Webdude's site and I have to report that I cannot find a way to give this man some money for his creations!
    Either I am blind or you are extraordinary Webdude!

Either way, you are truly awesome in my book, Webdude!

15. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

These pages:
    all have a Donate via PayPal button. All PayPal donations really do go for ink and cardstock. I thought it made sense to place the donate buttons where the downloads were so you won't find them on pages without model downloads.

I also recently placed Google ads on some of the pages. So far the ads have actually been relevant for the most part. Any monies generated there will go strictly for continued web hosting. Give them a click now and then when you visit.

Of course, if you'd prefer to simply send a check or cash PM me and I'll provide the information.

If not I'll still continue to do as I have done, design and release, design and release.
    The true joy is in the giving.8)
  16. josve

josve Active Member

Nice to see you back here Russell!
  17. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Welcome back - now get building those planes you slacker :p
  18. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Yes, the Webdude and CMNET are certainly both worthy for donations, but I think we should donate some cash to our fellow exile sufferrer, Russell!
    Two weeks without inspiration? No thank you please.
    Chris, you be messin' with my bestest nice! lol
  19. hpept

hpept Member

I think i already won your challenge. I was cut off for three weeks (monday to monday) because i moved to another district of the town and i couldn't get my telephone line installed earlier. The more, now that my internet connection is back, it really s**ks!!! I have been measuring my connection speed and i can't get no more than 27 kbps (yes, kilobits, not kilobytes :cry: ). Russell, this is cruel....
  20. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

4 weeks while I was on vacation in europe.... blah on both of ya - course I was on vacation in europe heh heh :D