Affordable Satellite Internet Access

Mountain Man

Jan 19, 2007
HughsNet costs $400 for the equipment and intial installation and $50/month thereafter. Too steep for me.

Unfortunately, no matter what other plan we select, Coloradans are sttuck with Quest which essentially has a monopoly.

ModelSteamTrains

Nov 4, 2007
stores.ebay.com
I got a friend who lives out in the country and got a satellite Internet access. He paid a lot of money for it and was really disappointed in the speed. He has no choice because the telephone is all he has left and that is much, much slower...

They other thing that really sucks for him is if he goes over a certain amount of bandwidth, his Internet speed gets cut in half...

Mountain Man

Jan 19, 2007
Dear Mountain Man
Is this Skyway service not available in Colorado? If not it is kind of misleading in the add as it says you only need a clear view of the southern sky. I thought the 29 bucks a month wasn't too bad and the equipment was darned cheap with this promo but I haven't had time to see if they service the area my mother is in. I kind of assumed that since she had a satellite TV that the same would hold true for Internet. You would think that they can service everyone wouldn't you.

It is apparently not available in my area. I find that lot's of promos make things sound as though they are universally available, but then turn out not to be.