Affordable Satellite Internet Access

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by slekjr, Dec 1, 2007.

1. slekjr

slekjr Member

I don't use this system but was trying to find something affordable for my mother that lives in a rural area.
    I've read a lot of posts complaining about slow speed dial-up and this might be the solution for some of you.
    Remember this though, the satellite systems are no good for gaming.
    Satellite Internet Service | SkyWay USA
  2. jbaakko

jbaakko Active Member

? forget something ?
  3. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Active Member

HughsNet costs $400 for the equipment and intial installation and $50/month thereafter. Too steep for me.

Unfortunately, no matter what other plan we select, Coloradans are sttuck with Quest which essentially has a monopoly.
  4. ModelSteamTrains

ModelSteamTrains New Member

I got a friend who lives out in the country and got a satellite Internet access. He paid a lot of money for it and was really disappointed in the speed. He has no choice because the telephone is all he has left and that is much, much slower...

They other thing that really sucks for him is if he goes over a certain amount of bandwidth, his Internet speed gets cut in half...
  5. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Active Member

It is apparently not available in my area. I find that lot's of promos make things sound as though they are universally available, but then turn out not to be.