Advise on Garden RR loco

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by Gary Pfeil, Apr 18, 2006.

1. Gary Pfeil

Gary Pfeil Active Member

I'd like to get a small GE 44 tonner type loco for my garden rr. I've seen one in mags,it might be by USA, I'm not sure. Here's the thing, I want battery powered r/c, preferably installed and rtr. Does anyone know if anyone sells them like this? Any idea on cost and whether they are available with and without sound? Regarding sound just a horn would be good, enough to keep my grand daugther entertained without having to hear the diesel engines for hours. Any leads are appreciated!
  2. ScottyB

ScottyB Member

Bachmann made a 45 tonner that is still available online. They discontinued making them after poor sales. There are plenty available on eBay that can be had for less than $70.

I doubt anyone sells them rtr with r/c installed. Sound has to be installed yourself - Bachmann does have a location for a speaker in this model (I believe a 3" speaker hole). The unfortunate thing is the sound will cost more than the loco...
  3. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Check out on how to convert to battery power and radi control. Very helpful site, feel free to contact them too. Some are also members of the local (all scales) club I attend.