advice please

roch

I hope I ask this without cunfusing you all. Still no camera.

I am working in n scale and have a bridge that is going to go over a river.
I decided to lay a cork roadbed because I did not like the sound of the train running with the track on the styrofoam.
Should I have the cork go under the bridge up to the edge of the river or stop the cork at the end of the bridge?
It is a truss bridge that I do not have a pic of and can't find a pic of. :cry:

Nomad

If your talking about where the cork would end and the bridge begin, stop the cork at the bridge and use the abutments to adjust the height of the bridge track to match the height of the track on the cork.

Loren

Russ Bellinis

It depends on what type of bridge floor you are making. If it is an "open floor bridge" where you can see through the floor to the river below, the cork should end at the bridge. A much more common type of bridge is the "ballasted type" where the ballast continues right through the bridge. In that case, you would run your ballast and cork right through the bridge.

doctorwayne

It depends on what type of bridge floor you are making. If it is an "open floor bridge" where you can see through the floor to the river below, the cork should end at the bridge. A much more common type of bridge is the "ballasted type" where the ballast continues right through the bridge. In that case, you would run your ballast and cork right through the bridge.

Russ is correct in stating that ballasted deck bridges are much more common nowadays (much easier to maintain track level and alignment), but most of the model truss bridges available are of the open deck type.

Wayne

roch

Russ is correct in stating that ballasted deck bridges are much more common nowadays (much easier to maintain track level and alignment), but most of the model truss bridges available are of the open deck type.

Wayne

It is not the kind you can see through and I was going to ballast it. I have decided to end the cork where the bridge starts and ends to keep the track level.

Thanks again,

Roch