adm. yamamoto's betty bomber

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by patriot missile, Jul 1, 2005.

1. i got an old copy of a GPM "BETTY "bomber can anyone tell me what markings or tail numbers was on the betty that was shot down carrying adm yamamoto??

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy patriot,

Mitsubishi G4M1 Model 11 Betty Tail Number T1-323

I looked it up some time ago, and just went to google to find it again. There are several (haha 850 of em) links to information on his plane. First try looking over all of them to see if there is one you find interesting to you at :'s%20bomber&svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&sa=N&biw=605&tab=iw

then I would try this link : which is the sixth link down on the google link.

I hope this has been of some help to you.

Have a nice day,

greg aka GW
  3. mwangarch

mwangarch New Member

4. david n

david n New Member

Betty details

Some depictions of the Betty indicate it had the white "Bandages" on the fusilage, behind the red meatballs. Other depictions show the standard red sun with a thin white border. There are no photos of the plane that show this one way or another. Some naval transport aircraft did have the white background.

The undersurfaces were silver/natural metal on this particular bird, as confirmed by photos of the wreck. Many paintings show the underside as being painted grey.

This is my 1/72 Betty plastic kit in Yamamoto's markings (complete with the Admiral in the rear cockpit seat).