Addams family living room

ASC Mclaren

Sounds like you are pretty much creating a whole new model!!! :)
It is not as bad as that, but based on the photos depicting the model on the seller's page, there are expectations that one would have about the finished product. Those expectations are not met. So I am making the finished model look more like the pictured product, and I am me, so....

That said, doing all of my research on the Addams family TV show sets, I get results mixed in for another similar TV family that ran for two seasons. So I might be working on a new design, of a similar nature, of a different address. Luckily, I have access to a laser, because that family has a 19 step staircase in their entry way, with three balusters per step. Boy-o, the laser did a fantastic job on that!

ASC Mclaren

Well, I've had a lot going on so I haven't been at the model in some time. I finally got a chance to work on this, with the help of my new assistant, Buttons.

IMG_3321.JPG

Anyway, with his close scrutiny I was able to finish the stairs, place them, extend the wall behind the stairs.

IMG_3322.JPG IMG_3323.JPG
IMG_3324.JPG IMG_3326.JPG
IMG_3327.JPG IMG_3328.JPG

I then spent several hours in gimp creating some new parts and extending the wallpaper over the fireplace. Tomorrow I will print 'em. I will also start the build of the newly designed harpsichord.

DanBKing

Dan the Man
I'm hooked on this thread... Even on Wednesday........ ;)

I see your Addams Family 'set', and @Octoman 's forthcoming Alpha Moon Base Main Mission 'set,' sitting next to each other on a shelf.

The sublime meets the surreal........ So to speak .......:)

ASC Mclaren

Well, today Mrs. ASC McLaren watched the Seahawk's lose. I decided to use that time more fruitfully:

IMG_3336.JPG IMG_3338.JPG
After I extended the wall over the fireplace, I fixed the seem line on the wall extention behind the stairs.
IMG_3337.JPG
Then I added the curtains on either side at the top of the stairs, like on the show.
IMG_3340.JPG IMG_3339.JPG IMG_3343.JPG

Next I spent more time in Gimp, because damn it. More pictures soon.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
That being said, I think there are enough changes as to call this "your" model, not the one you purchased. His rights to it ended, and I doubt he had any as he would have to have the kind of permission you can't get. :)

Tonino

Should be created a "SUPER-LIKE" button to be pressed in selected occasions.
In this thread I would have clicked on it more than one time.

ASC Mclaren

Well, here is the harpsichord. I designed it as a DXF, converted it to PDF, then textured in gimp.

IMG_3344.JPG IMG_3346.JPG IMG_3347.JPG
in researching the harpsichord I decided to add a sound board, a photo of a soundboard, scaled, printed in B&W, cut to size. I also found an actual under lid painting that seemed too good to pass up, The monster chasing the damsel. Rescaled, printed in b&W and cut to size.
IMG_3348.JPG IMG_3349.JPG
I used the keys from the kit's piano.
IMG_3350.JPG IMG_3351.JPG

Next, print the harpsichord stand, and the doors, which are I have designed already.
The to finish list: The swordfish, the polarbear, the elephant leg ashtray, the bird cage, a seat for the harpsichord, and the peacock chair. I may add the whet stone and axe, a two headed tortoise, and a suit of armor. I haven't found samurai armor to co-opt yet, so that may be out.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
I feel embarrassed for not pressing the like button!!! I LIKE IT! :)

ASC Mclaren

I finally got around to progress this further. Harpsichord stand:
IMG_3352.JPGIMG_3355.JPG IMG_3356.JPG IMG_3360.JPG IMG_3362.JPG

Then I got the three doors taken care of. I cannot get a good picture of the door under the stairs, sorry.

IMG_3357.JPG
IMG_3358.JPG IMG_3359.JPG

I found a swordfish at the Yamaha site, it is a pop-up style, but I think it will work for my purpose. Off to start that.

ASC Mclaren

I found two different Polar Bear models, one on the Yamaha site, one on the Canon site, both are on all fours. I need him standing. This is the test build of the Yamaha model, which I like better, using copy paper. I tried to stand him up. Still thinking it through.

IMG_3364.JPG

Lee Clifton

Wisdom and Kindness, A Zealot Sage
Really nice design. I'd love to see TV show sets to build. So many great old shows to pick from. The Wild Wild West train, Adam's Family house, Munster's house, Adventures of Superman offices, etc.
Keep up the great work!
Lee

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Use wire at the joints so you can post him and get him in the right position as you complete that section. Little tweak here, and there, but not there :mooner:, depending on the Bear, and you'll be all set!!

ASC Mclaren

I have been so busy lately. I'm hoping to finish most of this build this weekend. By "finished" I mean building the swordfish, polar bear, and peacock chair. I could continue to stuff the living room with add-ons forever, and most likely I will add to it, but right now I need to finish this one and move on.

ASC Mclaren

So, I got the swordfish done. But, I am burning out on this build, I am struggling to finish this. I'll see if I can muster the motivation. I still love the subject matter, but trying to take these files and make something close to the advertized pictures is not for the faint of heart. It will get finished, just when.

IMG_3394.JPGIMG_3395.JPG

Lee Clifton

Wisdom and Kindness, A Zealot Sage
Great work! I always loved the Adam's Family and the Munsters. I've been wanting to enlarge the Munsters house model that AirDave created to make a wall display to show off my two Munster cars. Maybe I'll get to it one day.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
If you could stick a Morticia in there, she was rather, um, a beautiful woman. :)

052e07f0aeef9f2e7e6da6bc4617dc80.jpg
morticiaaddams.jpg