Actual track for Marlpost!

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Well, it's been a long, long time, with interruptions by selling and buying houses, moving, family emergencies, kids, etc.

Here at last is a view of how Marlpost will come together. Looking west:
11010003.JPG

On the north side of the track, farthest from the camera, is the team track, and then the cattle pen. The cardboard tube is standing in for something - but I haven't decided what yet.

One the south side, top to bottom, is the weight scale/office, ice shed, coal shed, and fuel tanks. Opposite is the grain elevator (some assembly required ;)).

Looking east:
11010004.JPG

Past the fuel tanks is a short stretch of track used by the local section for MOW. On the north side (this time, the left of the photo) is the station and water tower. Between the two will be a milk depot to allow local dairy farmers to get their product to market.

With a short stretch of flextrack at each end, I can usually get about 4 cars in a train, plus a caboose. It takes about 20 minutes or so to switch the town, then you need to stop at the station for the passengers and express, and also top up the water at the water tower.

Andrew

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Thanks J,

This has been a very slow and sometimes frustrating journey so far. However, I can see it comeing together now (and I have still been doing other train stuff in the mean time).

Andrew