ACTRR my be dismantled and re-constructed

Here are some shots of the complete tunnel (facing into the garage). All I heed to do is have a frame and glass made and hang it over the opening. The interior of the tunnel was sprayed (over plaster) with Dupli-color truck bed liner spray and then gray tones were dabbed on and later drybrushed with very light gray. Then the rails were painted with Flo-quil paint pen and roadbead was washed with very thinned black wash. Tracks were cleaned and the trains run great through it.

DSCN5968.jpg

DSCN5969.jpg

DSCN5972.jpg

DSCN5973.jpg

DSCN5974.jpg

DSCN5975.jpg

Mike

Here is my second post this evening. It shows the re-construction of the control panel and how the Kato turnout controls will be laid out.
The 1 on the far left is the two turnouts for the reversing section , the next for to the right are for the four double crossovers and the next 8 are for the yard leads . All other turnouts will be operated by hand and are all on secondary tracks.
The leadge on the back of the right side will hold the power supply for the Lenz set-100.

DSCN5965.jpg

DSCN5966.jpg

DSCN5967.jpg

DSCN5970.jpg

Mike

Here is tonights progress on the toggle switch portion of the control panel. It will also have the turnouts , reverse loop and double crossovers numbered on it.
I tape a generic plan to the back of plexi and then liquid glue .30 X .30 styrene to the plexi , over the plan. Later the holes will be cut and the panel painted , then the lines will be painted with a few paint pens.

DSCN5976.jpg

DSCN5977.jpg

Mike

I noticed that you are using the double track curves. Are those the super-elevated ones? Also did you use the easement curves as well?

Did you need to extend the turnout control wires?

Thanks!

Thanks Trainiac , Yes superelevated and yes YOU MUST use the transitions or the track will not match up. I will be extending a lot of the block wires and turnout controls but intend on cutting in the middle and solering in a piece of the same colors.
Thanks Mike
I did some wiring removal and wiring ID and labeling today and got the panel to this stage.

DSCN5979-1.jpg

Mike

Boilerman Thanks.
The colors make it easier to find relative turnouts and their controllers. The pink siding would have two pink controllers and the left one would work the left end and the right would work the right end and so on. The four double crossovers are labeled 1-4 and clockwise and the reverse loop has its own (orange) controler for both turnouts.
Mike

Your backgrounds are fantastic! Do you hire out? Ever been to Boston? :mrgreen:
Is there a special technique that you use for the clouds? I just can't seem to get it right.wall1

On the clouds all I do is tear a mask out of a cardboard box and hold it about 1/2" away from the surface and spray with a spray can of white and dot in the lower part of the cloud with the mask in place then tilt or move the mask and repeat until you are happy. If it doesn't look the way you want , let dry and repaint the blue and try again. After all are done I fade the white all the way down to the base of the backdrop.
Mike