Active Auto Parts with decals

spitfire

Finally had a chance to pick up some automotive decals to put the finishing touches on this model. You can see Al the truck driver reaching into his pocket for a smoke. Wonder why he bothered to come outside for it - it's the 1950's and he could have had one in the store. Bet he's got a Zippo lighter too.

cheers
Val

Attachments

• active.jpg
    active.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 219

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Very nice work! I still can't believe that the curtains are only printouts! The whole building is just great.

I don't know what else to say... :cool:

Andrew

RailRon

Again a very realistic scene, Val. Super modeling!

I like the little everyday-stories behind your scenes - they make an already good model spring to life. :) :) :)

Did you remodel that truck driver, Val? I never saw a figure in this stance before.

Ron

interurban

If he is smoking Woodbines I`ll join him, if not Malboro will do !!!
very nice Val,,, I got to try and up beat my buildings.;)

spitfire

Thanks a lot everyone. Chris, he's smoking Export A's of course! Do you still want to join him?

Originally posted by RailRon

Did you remodel that truck driver, Val? I never saw a figure in this stance before.

No I didn't Ron. It's a Preiser model, that came in an unpainted set #590-16335 - Truckers and Cab Drivers. It's a great pose isn't it?

cheers
Val

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
VERY nicely done! The decals add alot and, with the figure and those cool curtains, make me look twice to be sure it not a prototype photo. Cool Val!
Ralph

spitfire

Thanks a lot folks for all your encouraging comments.

Don, the compressor came with a gas station detailing kit. Of course I've tossed the package and can't remember who made it. :( :(

:D Val

Val:
Your work is very inspiring! Your attention to detail and setting a scene really breathes life into what could otherwise be static models! Thanks for sharing this process and the printed curtain idea! Outstanding work!!! :D

Eric

shamus

Registered Member
Love the scene Val, the curtains really are very nice indeed for printouts. Maybe Al didn't want to smoke inside because of the new curtains, didn't want to soot them up :rolleyes::D

Shamus

P

philip

Val: maybe he's smokin that wacky tobacky. Beautiful model and the details are jaw dropping!

phil