Active Auto Parts with decals

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by spitfire, Sep 22, 2003.

1. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Finally had a chance to pick up some automotive decals to put the finishing touches on this model. You can see Al the truck driver reaching into his pocket for a smoke. Wonder why he bothered to come outside for it - it's the 1950's and he could have had one in the store. Bet he's got a Zippo lighter too.

Attached Files:

2. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Very nice work! I still can't believe that the curtains are only printouts! The whole building is just great.

I don't know what else to say... :cool:

3. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

Again a very realistic scene, Val. Super modeling!

I like the little everyday-stories behind your scenes - they make an already good model spring to life. :) :) :)

Did you remodel that truck driver, Val? I never saw a figure in this stance before.

4. Ray Marinaccio

Ray Marinaccio Active Member

Looks great. Just like the ones I remember back in my auto mechanic days. Love the detail.
  5. Gary Pfeil

Gary Pfeil Active Member

6. interurban

interurban Active Member

If he is smoking Woodbines I`ll join him, if not Malboro will do !!!
    very nice Val,,, I got to try and up beat my buildings.;)
  7. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Thanks a lot everyone. Chris, he's smoking Export A's of course! Do you still want to join him?

No I didn't Ron. It's a Preiser model, that came in an unpainted set #590-16335 - Truckers and Cab Drivers. It's a great pose isn't it?

8. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Val, that is some fantastic modeling, & super-detailing!
    Great job!
    :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
  9. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Most excellent your highness!
  10. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

VERY nicely done! The decals add alot and, with the figure and those cool curtains, make me look twice to be sure it not a prototype photo. Cool Val!
  11. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Great stuff Val, as usual. Where did you get that compressor?

12. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

Great job Val. Wish I had the eyes and steady hands to do something like that.
  13. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Thanks a lot folks for all your encouraging comments.

Don, the compressor came with a gas station detailing kit. Of course I've tossed the package and can't remember who made it. :( :(

:D Val
  14. pomperaugrr

pomperaugrr Member

Your work is very inspiring! Your attention to detail and setting a scene really breathes life into what could otherwise be static models! Thanks for sharing this process and the printed curtain idea! Outstanding work!!! :D

15. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Love the scene Val, the curtains really are very nice indeed for printouts. Maybe Al didn't want to smoke inside because of the new curtains, didn't want to soot them up :rolleyes::D

16. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

Hey Val,
    That's :cool: just really :cool:
  17. jawatkins

jawatkins Member

Looking good!
  18. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

Val, you always impress me. Super job by a Super Lady. :eek: :eek: :eek:
  19. philip

philip Guest

Val: maybe he's smokin that wacky tobacky. Beautiful model and the details are jaw dropping!

20. McFortner

McFortner Member

Nah, Al is just on his way back to his truck and wanted to finish off the pack before his next delivery.... :)