ACM Co. on the GVR

C

Catt

Here are 3 rathar dismal looking pix of the newest project on the GVR.

acm1.jpg

acm2.jpg

acm3.jpg

She is scratch-bashed from styrene and DPMs Woods Furniture Co.Colour is GTW blue.

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
We just like to see your progress Catt. When all is completed then you can take the pictures that will please you. So what will be the first production from the ACM factory?

C

Catt

Robin,ACM is Alan Curtis's plant.It will be making tons of his Nscale intermodal stuff there.:D

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
I love those BIG buildings, Catt!:cool:
You have such a huge industrial area in a relatively small space.
Have you ever seen some of Bernard Kempenski's work in MR? He's done several conversions of HO industrial kits to N scale, to create some really massive structures.

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
Catt its looking good. That's going to be one heck of a industrial area when you get it done. I don't even want to think of the amount of people, vechicles, forklifts, trashcans, dumpsters, signs, assorted junk, etc., etc., etc. that you are going to need!!!!!:D

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
Catt I may be able to help you a little on this one. I could send you a Nantahala Midland box car load of pallets if you could send me a Grand Valley box car load of nails. The boys over at the pallet co. are switching over to nail guns instead of hammers with all this new business. :D

roryglasgow

Jun 3, 2001
Huntsville, TX USA
web.wt.net
One of the nice things about your Big Buildings, Catt!, is that they look like the real thing. I look at a real building like that and think, "That looks like something on the GVR..." You're making a very impressive industrial area!

So many of these model kits just look...dinky...unrealistically small. Take the Life-Like Downtown Hotel I have on my layout... Where does everything go? How many guest rooms does it have? Two? :)

-Rory

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Hey Rory!
You're right, that LL hotel, built "out of the box" is a little plain...but it's a great box of parts for a kitbash. Sometimes just painting a different color, or reconfiguring in something other than a square, or rectangle, gives you something new, & unique.
Next time you buy a plastic kit, or two, just throw the instructions away. Rumage through the boxes, & see what's there, & how it might fit together in some way that would fit your layout. It's even more fun if you use two or more kits for a single bash.