Accessories and powereed switches

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by prodigy2k7, Dec 27, 2006.

  1. prodigy2k7

    prodigy2k7 Member

    Okay, I understand there are electronic features that go under the layout that have a little pin size thing that goes p between the tracks and switches the track back n forth, how do you wire those?

    Ive never used accessories that are electronic except electronic switches that came with my EZ track athearn set, how does it work for DCC digitrax? Is there a wiring spot on the i forgot what its called, the simple 200 dollar list value digitrax control thingy! lol Is there a pt on there for accessories?

    Erm let me ask a simple question...
    What device is good for electronically toggling the switch tracks (with DCC or without; prefered with DCC, but any sort of electronic switch is fine)
  2. Jim Krause

    Jim Krause Active Member

    They are called switch machines. Technically they are not electronics, simply electrical devices. There are two types. A solinoid operated device such as your EZ track setup and motor driven switch machines that have a gear reduction systen that makes them operate very slowly. A simple two position switch will work I believe. Somebody correct me on this one, please. I'm not familiar with the DCC switch activation. The under the table machines have a rod which operates a vertical pin which goes through the table to a hole in the switch.

Share This Page