Academy is open for nominations

ezdays

Out AZ way
It has been a while since we added anything to the Academy. Andrew (MasonJar) and myself have been discussing a way to solicit member’s input to the process. What we’d like to do is to open nominations to the Academy on a monthly basis, and then allow members to vote on which one’s they’d like to see moved to the Academy. We are aware that there are many how-to and other informative threads that deserve to be there, so we have devised a way that we will add two every month, and if your favorite didn’t make the cut, then it can be placed in nomination the following month.

Here’s the plan. During the first week of the month, we will call for nominations. So as to prevent one person from dominating the process, we will only allow each member to nominate on entry. Once a person is nominated for one thread, they cannot be nominated by anyone else for another thread until the following month. For example, if someone were to nominate, say, “Sooperchief” for his: How to make trees from whale blubber, then his ever popular thread: Creating mini-scenes using stale biscuits, cannot be nominated by anyone that month.

The rules:

• Nominations and voting open to all members of the Gauge.
  • One nominee per member each month
  • Only one thread nomination for any one individual in any given month, (see the example above).
  • Additional nominations by one member, or for one nominee will be deleted. Only the first one will be considered.
  • Members may nominate themselves, after all, who knows better the value of these threads and where they are hidden
  • Members can find nominations in any forum, including in the archives and can go back as far as the creation of the Gauge.
  • Nominations that didn’t make it one month can be re-nominated the following month (there are many that are worthy, but only two actually make it each time)
  • Nominations will be open for two weeks, and voting remains open for the following ten days.
  • The top two vote-getting threads will be entered into the academy.
  • All comments will be edited out of the winning threads, leaving only the basic instructions or procedures, and the thread will be moved to the Academy.
We are well aware that there are many threads that deserve to be moved to the Academy, and we want to hear from all members as to which ones are the most useful. We cannot find all these threads on our own, so we really need your help. If you have a thread you’d like to see featured there, even if it’s your own, by all means, put it into nomination. If you have any questions, please contact either MasonJar or myself (ezdays). We are also open to suggestions on how to make this work at its best.

We know that it’s been a long while since anyone has looked at some of these threads, and it can take a bit of work to dig through them, so we will leave the nomination thread open for at least three weeks for the month of June. Please go to this thread, to nominate for the month of June., Each month there will be a sticky: nominating thread for the month, followed by a sticky: voting thread two weeks later. Just remember, we are encouraging you to nominate yourself. Others may not know where your thread is, and you would be doing us all a disservice if you didn’t bring this to our attention.

Thanks,

Don (ezdays)
Andrew, (MasonJar)

ezdays

Out AZ way
Pitchwife said:
Hi Don
I second your nomination of Drew1125's kitbash. However your link to it wasn't working. If I may, I'll try posting it here. It is Glasgow Depot
Thanks Clark, I've gone back and corrected it. I don't know why it wasn't working but I had to change the link twice before I finally got it to work. :eek:ops::eek:ops:

You may second my choice, but how about entering another choice of your own into nomination? :thumb::thumb: I know it's just the first day, but I'd love to see a bunch entered into nomination.:wave::wave::wave::wave:

ezdays

Out AZ way
Clark,

Great nomination. If you would though, go here to the nomination thread in the Academy and place your nomination there. This thread is for the announcement and discussion regarding the nominating process.:)

Pitchwife

Dreamer
Hi Don
I tried to post it there but I got a message that says that I don't have permission to access that page. Let me know when the problem gets straightened out.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Pitchwife said:
Hi Don
I tried to post it there but I got a message that says that I don't have permission to access that page. Let me know when the problem gets straightened out.
:eek:ops::eek:ops::eek:ops::eek:ops: The problem is fixed. Uh, I forgot that only the Gauge staff can post to the Academy, so I move the thread to the General Talk as a "sticky". I was wondering why nobody was nominating anyone.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Let's try again, and if it still doesn't work, let me know and I'll start all over again.:wave: