AC power pack for Command 200

Discussion in 'DCC & Electronics' started by MoX, Feb 10, 2007.

1. MoX

MoX New Member

First off I'm my new to the site and Id like to say hello to everyone.

I have a question regarding the AC power pack for the command 2000. Im using a MRC AC accessory power supply w/ a output of 18.5VAC 65VA. I'm noticing a significant performance loss in the engines when I use the command 2000 opposed to our Tech2 Railmaster 2400. I'm assuming the the problem is not enough power from the AC power pack, but we all know where assuming things lead. So I thought I would propose the questions to the pro's.

I'm currently building the Black River Junction from Model Railroader magazine.(my first build) Track is laid and I'm about to start scenery. I'm hoping this issue w/ engine performance isn't some how related to my layout.

I appreciate any help in this matter and look forward to getting to know the people here.

2. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

Frank:wave:, though i cant help you out with this question:oops:, hang in there, perhaps someone else can;).
  3. MoX

MoX New Member

AC power for Command 2000

UP SD40-2 thanks for your response.

Through some more digging on my part, I'm beginning to think I'm gonna be stuck. From what I gather engine performance loss go hand in hand w/ the MRC Command 2000. There is the Power Station 8, but @ 180 bucks Im wondering if I should look into a different DCC system. Also the Power Station 8 doesnt say whether or not it will increase engine performance. I was given the Command 2000 so it wouldn't be a loss to switch to a different unit. Anyone have any better alternatives to recommend?