Above the parapet!!!

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by carlmt, Nov 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carlmt

carlmt New Member

Hi all,

About time I put my head above the parapet!!!!!

My name is Carl Tunnicliffe, and i have not long got into the card ship modelling scene. My father has been modelling ships in card for the last 40 years or so....so i guess it had to rub off sometime.

We both attended the International Festival Of The Sea this year at Portsmouth where we demonstrated the art of card modelling to the general public - he was building the 1:400 scale carrier HMS Victorious whilst I was (attempting) to build the Maly Modelartz polish destroyer (Nerisa I think).
    It was a very successful show, and many people took away the catalogues and newsletters kindly donated by Chris Cooke of Marcle Models.

Look out for forthcoming articles on card modeling in Model Boats Magazine here in the UK. They will cover : HMS Sheffield, the japanese carrier Zuiho, the Royal Navy carrier HMS Invincible and the Gerrman WWI cruiser SMS Derfflinger.
  2. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Welcome to the site! I look forward to some of your builds!

3. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Hi Carl,

Welcome to the forum!!
    Feel free to post some pics of your work, and feel free also to invite your Father to the forum...40 years card modeling...you both have alot to share here!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.