ABC Magazine

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by cgutzmer, Dec 6, 2006.

1. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Over on the papermodelsII email group a guy is selling his one years worth of ABC model magazines. I have never heard of it but the models seem decent. Has anyone done any of these? If you have is a full years worth of magazines worth 60 bucks? The magazine is written in a language I have no hopes of reading so I would be buying it just for the models.... (or anyone else that may want to)
  2. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

$60 would be cheap if you add up the cost of a subscription for delivery to a US address!

I would jump on it!

3. cjwalas

cjwalas Member

I can't add much, but I did buy the ABC Jules Verne special. The models are very good as far as fit goes (I've only done four of them so far). But they are printed on thinner paper than I would like. I have the original kit of the Albatross, a flying machine, and the ABC version is noticably smaller. Not a problem, just a difference. I have also built a downloadable version of one of the kits, The Sword, a submarine, and the ABC version is slightly larger. Not sure what to make of it except to say that in the case of the Jules Verne kits, they seem to be resized. The diagrams for the kits are simple, but fairly well labeled and I haven't run into any real problem figuring them out so far.
  4. Fishcarver

Fishcarver Active Member

ABC Models

I bought a couple of ABC Models from "jimbos models" and managed to produce decent models (rescaled to 1:35 ) of a BMP1 and Frog 7 TEL.

The ABC models that I have worked with generally fit well.