"A Year in Review"

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by CJTK1701, Dec 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dyna-Soar

Dyna-Soar Member

On a related note, this is a Trek themed chopper I did a while back:

2. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Yes, I did build the bike and yes it is an OCC original. It is also a kit. :D
  3. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

I look a little bigger than Kirk, or Spock, don't I? They are supposed to be rather tall guys. LOL. As for the decals, they are not mine, those are the ones I'm sanding over. I'll be showing my decals with the next and hopefully last revision. I'm doing everything my self this time, so it should be done right. Can't wait to show the new pics, but I do want to wait until they are done. Thing is, I've been down in my back for days!!!! It's driving me nuts sitting around the house. Naturally I've pushed it a couple of times and have been laid right back in the bed!

At 45 shoveling snow for three days and laying on cold concrete changing a fuel pump in a Ford Explorer does do the body a bit of damage, especially when you've lived the life I've led. WHOOT!

Life in the fast lane......

BTW tell Griffy he can contact me any time with his concerns, since I'm not allowed to reply in any of the other forums. LOL!
  4. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Whoot. Nice job. I had a similar idea a while back, but took a different approach. Trek on!
  5. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Never mentioned a death threat, never said anything about killing. An ass kicking is a far cry from a death threat. Even that is subjective. It's amazing how people can twist the meaning and substance of just about anything. Since I don't think like that and don't work like that, I guess it still amazes me. You see, I say what I mean and mean what I say, I don't sit around and stir up trouble and try to stretch someones meaning, of twist the context, that's for little girls on chat lines, with nothing better to do. Little girls that hide behind their keyboards, but back up and claim ignorance when you meet them face to face!

My question still goes out. How does someone who is on active duty have the time to be on the boards all of the time and carry out personal vendettas? To actually follow and stalk another person and do their best to be the leader of their demise?

When I was on active duty I served with pride and distinction, I didn't sit around hounding someone to death and sure as heck didn't have time to sit on the boards all of the time, let alone moderate one and keep track of what everyone else was doing.

There are guys here that have served. Did you have time to sit on the computer 24/7? How can you do your job when you are obsessed with destroying another persons life?

If you had the time and you took that tack, wouldn't you expect another military man to stand up to you and say "No More!" That's it, you've done enough!?
  6. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Pic and post removed
  7. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

I have more. **** has posted these on the net and given links, so these are public domain.
  8. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

This has been my year in review. Despite all that I've accomplished and all that I've done to try and bring something to the modeling community, for a decent price, I've had a guy like the picture above stalk me and harasse me for over a year.

I'm not going to stop though. I still want to show you guys a way to make your models into plastic kits.

And just think. If they had left me alone, none of this would have happened.sign1:thumb:
  9. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

It's a kit? Is that photo of the kit or the real deal? Either way I loved that bike. Paul Jr has a great imagination when it comes to costum choppers.
  10. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Oh. I missed the three posts on this page. So much for taking the high road then.
  11. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

No worries. It's a model kit. I used the forced perspective to throw people off on purpose. Doh! :thumb:
  12. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Oh, I'm taking the high road, believe me, I've never talked the smack about others that some have talked about me.

I'm just pointing out some facts, not supposition, just facts.

Don't ya just love it? :D
  13. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

And here I was thinking this whole thread had been and gone and the whole matter had been sorted and put behind us.

Obviously you have some grievances on other forums or other communities, but could you please do us a favour and leave them out of this one?

Nobody here is trying to "run you out" of the community, nobody is trying to silence you (although I had to draw the line at the pic you posted, no matter what domain you may have taken it from).

Personally I think you did a great job of just getting on with the post and getting it back on track after the "egg nog incident" so for the sake of what is still a good thread full of nice pics, try to keep it on topic, thanks.
  14. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

I sincerely appreciate your sentiments. Actually I've been trying to get on with things for some time. I hope you'll excuse me if I digress. I do have a year + tied up in this and after all, I have tried to make amends several times.

I surely don't want to bring anyone down, but the truth has to be told. Someone has to stand up to these people.

No, I'm not talking about anyone here and I would hope that that is self evident.

My main goal, from day one was to show that this type of thing can be done and that you don't have to be some kind of "Great and Powerful Oz," to be able to make these kits for yourself. There is no mystery to this. There certainly is no reason for anyone to amke a point of destroying another persons name.

As far as I can see, it's just a little more work than making a paper model.

Like a paper model, the more complex you get the harder it is.

As soon as I get squared away with my back, I want to take one of the subjects on this board and show step by step how to turn that into a slightly more substantial model.

15. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

That's all well and good, and I'm sure there's a lot of people here looking forward to seeing that.

I'm just asking if you could please keep the "offsite politics" from other forums or communities, out of the thread. As you have already said yourself, it doesn't involve anybody here.

Looking forward to seeing some more of those models. :thumb:
  16. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Not a problem. I still find it amazing that no one wants to hear the truth. though it may not necessarily concern this board outright, it does in a manner. There are members here that are members else where. And I would hope that I might bring some truth to a point that has been lied about and twisted for some time.

I see that a great many people here have come to paper modeling because they cannot afford the high cost of garage kits. Some of these people go to grea lengths to learn new ways of doing things becasue they want the kits that are not produced, or cost in the extreme, therefor I thought and think it is relevant.

I'm absolutely positive that some modelers have used this place as a reference to build styrene models and seel them at an *enhanced* price, without giving the original modeler any credit.

From the beginning of my craft I always credited those that had helped and inspired me. Yet another reason why I wanted to get the word out.

From day one I gave Alan Sinclair and Ron Caudillo credit. I have never tried to subvert the talent of another and find it amazing that some will use any reference and not give credit, but will most assuredly demand credit when they think that they have been abused.

Again I digress.

Truely I want to see everyone happy, but would also like to see credit due to everyone, not just me, but to everyone. Also, I would hope that what has happened to me, would never happen to another.

17. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

for nine months all i saw was sand and wrekage! the only computer i had available was a balistic computer.

youve been very busy this past year1 alot of awsome work. look forward to seeing more.
  18. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Exactly and thanks.

Really, my sole purpose for doing any and all of this was to contribute to the community that had taught me so much.

I was just talking to my wife today and told her... "A lot of these people on these boards think I just came out of the blue, or that I was someone else, the fact is, I was haunting these boards for years and didn't post a lot because I didn't feel I had anything to contribute. It wasn't until I felt my modeling skills had developed enough that I finally started posting."

I've said before and I'll say it again... "Virtually everything I know, or know how to do came from these boards and their members. I felt it was time to pay back a little."

All of these items were going to be made available to the modelers at prices far reduced from what the average GK maker sells them, but alas, it was not meant to be, at least not for now.
  19. seakrakken

seakrakken Member

I personally think that you showing us your skills and sharing techniques you have learned to turn paper into plastic is the real bonus here. Whether this is going to be an affordable kit or not is icing on the cake. I have come to beleive that Cardmodelers are extraordinary DIY types. I feel anyone who can design and then fabricate on the level you have gone to is amazing. I need more input of this type. "What one man can do, another man can do!"
  20. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Precisely. I said all along that anyone can do this, it just takes a little time and patience and a place to work.

Yes, the paper guys here astound me with what they are able to put together.:thumb:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.