"A Year in Review"

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by CJTK1701, Dec 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

I've been sitting here thinking about the last year and what it meant to me. My last year has been one of the most insane I've ever experienced. I was and probably and still am a little known Star Trek fan. I'm still a Star Trek fan, despite the last years events, However with a slightly different feeling and approach. I always felt that we were all a collection of like minded mentalities. People that took umbrage from past events, learned from them and proceeded forward toward a common goal. People that knew better. People that had learned from the past and were ready to embrace the future.

Little did I know that my fellow fans would do everything in the world to keep me from succeeding, in trying to give them what I thought they wanted.

I have tried on several occasions, through several different means, to give the Trek community what *I* thought they wanted. I always figured that TOS was the most influential of the series, since it started it all and set the stage for everything else.

More to come. Sorry, but I don't want to get half way into a thread and have the server reset. I'm not a touch typist... More to come.
  2. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

I have been a Star Trek fan since 1969 when I saw my first episode at age 6. I was sitting in a big green highback rocking chair watching my first episode. Three years later a man landed on the Moon! I watched as Niel Armstrong stepped down. Star Trek was in my blood from early on. I was 7 when I saw that first episode. I'm 45 now. I went to the convention, thanks to my step father in 76. I attended my last convention in 2006.

I was amazed at the difference. I could not believe the amount of SLASH on the tables, in the dealers room. I mean you're talking to an "old school" fan, when Kirk was a man and Spock was a Vulcan and their close, intimate friendship was just that, a friendship between men that had nothing to do with homosexuality.

Suddenly I'm surrounded by images of a gay kirk and spock. EWWWWW. I'm sorry if you're offended, but it's very obvious that Kirk and Spock are both VERY straight!

Anyway. I came back from the convention thinking that one of the biggest things Trek modelers want is a 1/350th model. Not something that has been reproduced for them, by Chinese workers, but something that they can make themselves and improve on themselves.

Everyone has their own idea of what the Enterprise looks like.

More to come.
  3. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

I had been thinking of a large scale Enterprise for a loooooong time. I had worked with several "Mom and Pop" machinists for a period of about 6 months before I got sick of the fact that they wanted huge sums of money to even begin a project. I went with two different machinists and told them what I wanted and even gave them blueprints and specifications. I ended up with an unfinished engineering hull
    and two unfinished nacelles for $500.00. I was out of my mind! I had done machine work in the Navy and knew damned good and well that it didn't take that much to make a proof. I was livid!

More to come.
  4. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

One day I'm sitting on a board and I think, you know, I'm going to let them know what I'm thinking and get some input. So, I tell the community.... Hey, I'm thinking about doing this project and I wonder what you think?

The response was immediate! Please make a kit, please make it cheap, please make it so we can afford it! Wow! I must have hit a nerve!?!? I was asked, no begged..... Please make a kit and make it affordable. I was deluged with requests. I had four pages of PM's at SSM. I had multiple requests..... Please let me do your first kit. Can I be one of the first ones to do a review kit? Please, please, please?

There was another individual working on the same thing. I didn't even realize at the time that I had responded to his thread. Still, I didn't want to wait on anyone else. I was tired of waiting.

More to come
  5. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

I had heard about a flippen 1/350th Enterprise since the first day that Thomas Sasser had gotten the job with PL working for Dave Metzner(sp?)

Everyone wanted a 1/350th TOS Enterprise. EVERYONE!

Well, back then, it was supposedly in line after the Refit and after the Klingon D-7.....

Back then my thought was... "WTF?" The Refit and theKlingon comes before the *Original*?

I get tired of dealing with *Mom and Pop* shops and think to myself........."I'm going to do it MY way".
  6. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Bad Joe Bad! How dare you think that you can even come close to what the great masters have COPIED!

Come on. Do you really think that these guys are so cool?

They have no more respect than me, or you. They just perpetrate the fraud that they know more than you, or me.

Do you think that your work is any less valid than another's?

LOL. more to come
  7. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

So, I go to work and started on each piece of the 1/350th Enterprise. I started showing progress. (should I once again show pictures from day one?).

I've essentially promised this kit for $100.00.

Then I go to Linda of SSM and say.... " I want to produce this kit for $100.00... What's it going to take for you to pick it up?

Now, this is something you need to know right now. I wanted to give the modeling community a model that was massive, compared to conventional sizes for $100.00.

This was not meant to be.....

More to come:D
  8. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

I hear back from Linda "Well it's going to be $35.00 for ever unit you sell.

Now I'm in a quandary. I'm working on a ship that I'm trying to put out for $100.00, but Linda is telling me that she wants 35% of every sale.

I told Linda..... "I can't do it to the guys, they've been asking me for a kit for a long time. I just can't increase the price by that much."

Needless to say, I'm not welcome at several forums. I will be there is person, with my models... This year! Make it known! Comon Griffy, let's ROLL!sign1
  9. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Thinking of the future...
  10. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

I'm still trying to tell the truth! However, there are those that do not want to hear it.
  11. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Whew! Finally, they'll let me speak, Gad, I had no idea how strong the modeling commuity was/is.

If you want to see new models and want to see new communal interface.... Speak up!
  12. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

there is so much to tell. I don't know where to begin. I guess the best place to begin is at the beginning. To that end, here are the pictures of the very beginning.

Disclaimer[ I do not know what happened to those pictures]
  13. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

OK, I'm going back to the year. Unfortunately, there are a great many oppinions about this year.
  14. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

The Truth!

I keep trying to tell you the truth, but everything keeps getting changed!
  15. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Truth baby yeah!

OK, I just found the perfect way for you to check out the truth...

KirkTrekModeler - Google Search

Take care, keep in touch and may the force be with you.

See you in my fist Jeffery! Rockon!
  16. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

So, I'm sitting here thinking...... Why doesn't anyone want to hear the truth? Then I think... Oh! Doh! They already know the truth!

They don't want to know, because maybe they are part of the problem?

Does that sound paranoid?

I got news for ya. I'm going to show you everything I've done in a year, without any help from the "know it alls".

Here we go. Remember, this was made by ME!

17. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

I've just wrestled me back into the closet. Sorry, he's not very gentile, but he is very truthful. I have a hell of a time with him. He's quite a prick. Talented though he may be, he's quite off putting.
  18. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Wow man... I need some of that egg nog! :mrgreen:
  19. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

:confused: make mine a double?
  20. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Hey, come on Joe. I know you feel like "they"'ve all been out to get you since the start. In a lot of cases I agree, in others I think that door swung both ways.

Dwelling on the past like this isn't healthy my friend. You've been doing a great job on the TOS 350, and that's something you should be proud of and you have every right to show it off. I'm impressed as are others here, your dedication has been amazing.

I just think it's better to frop the axe now and stop grinding it. :)

I don't mean to be offensive, I salute you. The past is just that, the past. You learn from it and move on. Don't you?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.