a woman's touch

cn nutbar

hello all---my wife added some special effects to a picture taken during a photo session at doctor waynes

260406064-1.jpg

UP SD40-2

NICE PIC!, nutbar:thumb: , i think the best part of it(besides your AWESOME engine)is the fact your wife got involved with it, VERY COOL, nutbar;) :D -Deano

steamhead

Yowsa!!! Awesome steamer!!! Great work (yours, your wife's & Dr. Wayne's).
Post some more. It's always a treat to see your work .

Gus (LC&P).

cn nutbar

hello all---thanks for your comments---now that my wife has retired,i'm trying to encourage her to use her artistic talents in getting some scenery completed in the land of pink expanses

cn 4100's drivers are spinning and her headlight beaming as she shakes the bridge foundation while on a special assignment at doctor wayne's

21062006008.jpg

doctorwayne

What the...??!! The Smoke Inspector was here just a minute ago, lurking in the dump shed of the coaling tower. He's probably inspecting the bottom of a coffee mug right now, over in the shop foreman's office, on yet another break.
Some of the visiting CNR enginemen have a bit of a heavy hand on the throttle: CNR 4100, trying to start her train on the Maitland River bridge, must have one heckuva lot of revenue tied on behind her tank, probably all the way back to the curve coming off the Port Maitland interchange. The hogger had better get that tractive effort under control, as the grade begins in earnest at the far end of the bridge.

Wayne

cn nutbar

now she's rolling---thanks for the heads up on the smoke inspector doctor wayne,the cn hogger certainly dosen't want to get any demerit points and possibly be excluded from further assignments on the EG&E

21062006009.jpg

cn nutbar

hello all---the cn has been experimenting with different classes of locomotives whenever doctor wayne requires reinforcements.at first,a couple of s-1 mikes with a combined tractive effort at over 100% were the norm.these work horses were very capable of handing long freights with ease,even over those imposing grades

2005031.jpg

even the erie north shore used multiple units on their freight trains

260406078.jpg

always looking for ways to save a buck,the engine foreman has decided to give booster equipped t-2-a #4100 and it's 80% tractive effort a try.why use 2 locomotives if 1 can handle the load.so far,the 4100 looks good---however,the trip is far from over

21062006010.jpg