A Winter Mountain Layout

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by glenn railey, Jan 29, 2006.

1. glenn railey

glenn railey Member

This is a layout that I did for Christmas. I wanted the train to be on the way to the North Pole. Not leaving anyplace in particular and not arrived yet. I also wanted Santa to be visiting the animals in the mountains.

2. glenn railey

glenn railey Member

Sone more photos

The pictures could have been better, but they were taken with a 35mm camera.

Hope you guys enjoy.[​IMG]
  3. glenn railey

glenn railey Member

Couple More Pics

Sorry for the quality of the pics. They were taken with a 35 mm camera. If someone could tell me how to downsize them they may be clearer.

Hop you folks enjoy them.

4. glenn railey

glenn railey Member

One more pic

I hope these will give you an idea of the layout. It was a three month project and finished just before Thanksgiving.

5. Will_annand

Will_annand Active Member

Now dash away, dash away, all.

You accomplished what you set out to do and itlooks good Glenn.
    Can't get any better than that.
  6. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Glenn it looks Great.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  7. Wyomingite

Wyomingite Member

Great job Glenn. It really fits the great season.

Ron :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :wave:
  8. sams

sams Member

very nice glenn:thumb:
    btw whats the loco (steamer)?
  9. davidstrains

davidstrains Active Member

It looks like a Bachmann Spectrum 2-8-0 :thumb: a very nice performer. It looks right at home on that layout. Nice work.
  10. glenn railey

glenn railey Member

David and Wyoming: it is indeed a Spectrum 2-8-0. I really like it. I would like to add a decoder to it to get the engine sounds.

Thanks for the positive feedback guys. I usually make a different layout each year for Christmas. The past 3 or 4 years I have worked with 0-27 guage and Christmas villages.
    This is my first venture into N scale. It takes some getting used to, but I think its great! The back side of the layout, aginst the mirror, had a grade of 3 inches over the 3 foot length of the layout coming up the curve going into the trussel. The Spectrum handled it very nicely.
    In 18 months to 2 years we will be moving to Lexington, Ky [retiring] from Locust Grove, Ga. I hope to convince my wife to let me build a permanent layout at that time.

I'm glad y'all enjoyed the layout.