A Winter Mountain Layout

glenn railey

Aug 7, 2005
Georgia
This is a layout that I did for Christmas. I wanted the train to be on the way to the North Pole. Not leaving anyplace in particular and not arrived yet. I also wanted Santa to be visiting the animals in the mountains.

Train2.jpg

glenn railey

Aug 7, 2005
Georgia
Couple More Pics

Sorry for the quality of the pics. They were taken with a 35 mm camera. If someone could tell me how to downsize them they may be clearer.

Hop you folks enjoy them.

Train3.jpg

glenn railey

Aug 7, 2005
Georgia
One more pic

I hope these will give you an idea of the layout. It was a three month project and finished just before Thanksgiving.

Train1.jpg

glenn railey

Aug 7, 2005
Georgia
David and Wyoming: it is indeed a Spectrum 2-8-0. I really like it. I would like to add a decoder to it to get the engine sounds.

Thanks for the positive feedback guys. I usually make a different layout each year for Christmas. The past 3 or 4 years I have worked with 0-27 guage and Christmas villages.
This is my first venture into N scale. It takes some getting used to, but I think its great! The back side of the layout, aginst the mirror, had a grade of 3 inches over the 3 foot length of the layout coming up the curve going into the trussel. The Spectrum handled it very nicely.
In 18 months to 2 years we will be moving to Lexington, Ky [retiring] from Locust Grove, Ga. I hope to convince my wife to let me build a permanent layout at that time.

I'm glad y'all enjoyed the layout.

Glenn