A-Wing Fighter

loenf

Hi,
here is my latest model, an A-Wing Fighter from Star Wars. Yes this time no Star Trek model!
biggrin.gif
I found the model several weeks before on this side:

http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~sf-papercraft/Gallery/Gallery.html

I made a little modification, I build a cockpit with a transparent canopy istead of the original paper-canopy.To cut a long story short, here are some pictures:

regards Loenf

A-Wing1.jpg A-Wing2.jpg A-Wing3.jpg A-Wing4.jpg A-Wing5.jpg A-Wing6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Elliott

Nice work Loenf! The red and white color scheme really pops. What did you use for the clear canopy part of the build?

loenf

Nice work Loenf! The red and white color scheme really pops. What did you use for the clear canopy part of the build?

I used the foil from blister packages. I built the canopy out of paper( negativ form), than I filled it up with gypsum. After the gypsum was hardening I was sanding and rounding the positiv form. This form I used for deep-drawing the foil from the blister pack. I heat the foil up with a heat-gun and pressed the hot foil over the gypsum-form. I had several attempts for the best result (more than 10), different blister packs, different thermal properties!

regards Loenf

Attachments

• Kanzel.jpg
    Kanzel.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 23
  • Blister.jpg
    Blister.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 26

sjsquirrel

Wow

That model looks fantastic. I have a plastic one I did years ago, and your paper one looks better!

Great work.

Steve

wedge

Great work ! This is the way how to improve our models boys :thumb: Thanks for the inspiration !

Millenniumfalsehood

That's paper?! :eek:

Seriously, it's a great, clean build. Very impressive!

The only thing more you could do which would make it truly "Star Wars" is if you were to take some weathering chalk and 'grime it up'; I don't think there are any Star Wars ships that are *that* clean. :cool:

loenf

That's paper?! :eek:

Seriously, it's a great, clean build. Very impressive!

The only thing more you could do which would make it truly "Star Wars" is if you were to take some weathering chalk and 'grime it up'; I don't think there are any Star Wars ships that are *that* clean. :cool:

Yes, I agree with you! I think, even when the ship is brand-new it looks always a little rusty. The next Star Wars Model will show some "combat damages".

regards Loenf

I have searched for an A-Wing model as nice as this one since I began papercrafting. NOTHING I have found comes close to this! Amazing find and great build!

I like the "realistic" look, but in my view nothing beats a crisp, clean model.

Once again, excellent job!

This is a great build. I recently down loaded the ETA-2 Fighter (the fighters Anikan and Obywan are flying in the opening seen of episode 3) The photos on the site I got it from had the build with a clear canopy and a detailed cockpit. I wanted to build it the same way but could not figure out how in the world they did the clear canopy. Thanks to you'r thread now I know. I still have a bit of trepidation, the cockpit is very detailed...lots of small parts i'm not good at small parts.

Here's an X-Wing I just finished.

Attachments

• paper model pictures 017.jpg
    paper model pictures 017.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 10

loenf

This is a great build. I recently down loaded the ETA-2 Fighter (the fighters Anikan and Obywan are flying in the opening seen of episode 3) The photos on the site I got it from had the build with a clear canopy and a detailed cockpit. I wanted to build it the same way but could not figure out how in the world they did the clear canopy. Thanks to you'r thread now I know. I still have a bit of trepidation, the cockpit is very detailed...lots of small parts i'm not good at small parts.

Here's an X-Wing I just finished.

Very nice.
Here's an X-Wing I finished some month ago:mrgreen:.
Also with a clear canopy and a detailed cockpit.

regards Loenf

Attachments

• xwing.jpg
    xwing.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 16