A Visit to the Mechanical Services of the C P Yards at Scarborough

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
Here is a neat lower rail that one could add to a lay out;)
Where they can unload a frieght car and be at ground level with the car doors

What is going on???????? the same size picture as the other post but it :mad: said its to big, thats three times .
I`ll have to play about with the size AGAIN:(

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
Originally posted by 60103
Hey Chris.
With that warning, maybe I can buy a pair of safety shoes before next year.;)
Can you tell us a bit about the turntable: how is it operated and does it have automatic indexing?
Hi David,
From what I could tell it was a simple affair, John just detatched the locking bars that were set at each end to make sure the tracks were lined up. Then he threw a handel and two big noisy motors turned the table and with no engine on, it was a fast turn

John threw the brake on and inched it to a track;)

Dont forget the safety shoes;) ya got 12 months:D

Duckman

Nov 22, 2002
Whitby Ontario
Visit site
Tour

Hi Chris ,Boy I love those pics, The car shop photo,s really blow my mind, They belong on a train calander, I bet if you sent them in , they would use them. I will admitt the one I took of you looks good too ( not for the calander though.) Ha HA !! Really looking forward to seeing how the rest turned out. Cheers Duckman..

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Great photo's I love um, and guess what I come from Scarborough (UK)

shamus
waver.gif

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Chris, thank you for the ride through these shops!

Visiting such a place makes us realize that railroads are BIG STUFF. Sometimes our occupation with small models makes us forget that in reality even a 'small' truck is quite a heap of steel. :D

Ron

KCS

Nov 23, 2004
Shreveport, LA.
interurban said:
8654:(
This unit was new July last year and it cost a bomb.
It was in the siding next to that derailment in Bellville when the tanker exploded.
8654 was left to burn for 24Hours. Nothing they could do.:(

Never heard about this story. Was anyone injured in the explosion? It look's like big chunk's of tank car pierced into the nose of the locomotive. It can't be to bad though. Maybe some work, new part's repaint and sell of to some small line railroad.