A Visit to the Mechanical Services of the C P Yards at Scarborough

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by interurban, May 8, 2003.

1. interurban

interurban Active Member

Thanks John

.John and I.

Thanks to John and all the infomation he had for us it was a Great Day.;) :p

We hope you enjoyed our visit to.:)

Attached Files:

2. interurban

interurban Active Member

Hi Robin, Wish you could have been there friend.
    It was G R E A T :p
  3. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

Chris. Thanks for taking us on the tour of the CP yard with you. Great pictures and lots of information.
  4. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Really neat Chris, thanks for posting! :cool:
  5. interurban

interurban Active Member

Thanks Lads glad you like:D :D :D
    John just emailed me , He said he had a great time and offered to do it again next year:D ;) :p You just know that`s GOING TO HAPPEN:) :)
  6. interurban

interurban Active Member

Here is a neat lower rail that one could add to a lay out;)
    Where they can unload a frieght car and be at ground level with the car doors

What is going on???????? the same size picture as the other post but it :mad: said its to big, thats three times .
    I`ll have to play about with the size AGAIN:(
  7. interurban

interurban Active Member

Lets see

Attached Files:

8. TrainClown

TrainClown Member

:) Heavy Duty!
    Way Cool!
    I'm green with envy! :mad: :D
  9. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

Hey Chris.
    With that warning, maybe I can buy a pair of safety shoes before next year.;)
    Can you tell us a bit about the turntable: how is it operated and does it have automatic indexing?
  10. interurban

interurban Active Member

Hi David,
    From what I could tell it was a simple affair, John just detatched the locking bars that were set at each end to make sure the tracks were lined up. Then he threw a handel and two big noisy motors turned the table and with no engine on, it was a fast turn

John threw the brake on and inched it to a track;)

Dont forget the safety shoes;) ya got 12 months:D
  11. interurban

interurban Active Member

here she is again:p
    OOOPPs sorry its the same shot
  12. Duckman

Duckman Member

Hi Chris ,Boy I love those pics, The car shop photo,s really blow my mind, They belong on a train calander, I bet if you sent them in , they would use them. I will admitt the one I took of you looks good too ( not for the calander though.) Ha HA !! Really looking forward to seeing how the rest turned out. Cheers Duckman..
  13. interurban

interurban Active Member

Here we are

Attached Files:

14. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Great photo's I love um, and guess what I come from Scarborough (UK)

15. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

Chris, thank you for the ride through these shops!

Visiting such a place makes us realize that railroads are BIG STUFF. Sometimes our occupation with small models makes us forget that in reality even a 'small' truck is quite a heap of steel. :D

16. K.V.Div

K.V.Div Member

Looks like you all had a great time Chris, I'm impressed with all the shots. :cool:

17. KCS

KCS Member

Never heard about this story. Was anyone injured in the explosion? It look's like big chunk's of tank car pierced into the nose of the locomotive. It can't be to bad though. Maybe some work, new part's repaint and sell of to some small line railroad.
  18. interurban

interurban Active Member

Hi KCS, wow a three year old post great.
    As far as I know there was no injuries, I think Val also posted info and pictures of the fire, a search should soon find it.

They said it would be repaired but don`t ask the cost.
    I did`nt LOL.