A third little project - start to finish

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by TrainNut, Mar 12, 2006.

1. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

This is actually the very first coffe table train layout I ever tried. Boy have I learned a lot since then!!!!! Any Q's? Ask away!

Attached Files:

2. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

& some more....

Attached Files:

3. webmaster

webmaster Member

Nice :thumb:
  4. Wyomingite

Wyomingite Member

One more beautiful job trainut.

Ron :thumb: :thumb: :wave:
  5. Papa Bear

Papa Bear Member

Nice! What's in the hoppers in the second picture?
  6. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

We may not want to knowjawdrop Nice work:thumb:
  7. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

Well, you see, back when I worked in an office, I took in a simple circle of track and put it up on top of two filing cabinets around a small fiber optic Christmas tree for Christmas. To add to the effect, I put red and green colored rock in the hoppers to make it Christmasy.
    I was afraid somebody was going to notice that! Then again, how can you not. I have since converted them back to black.
  8. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

:wave: :wave: That really looks cute Trainnut :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  9. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

Cute? .....CUTE???? I think I need to change to a bigger scale!:oops:
    Just kidding!! Besides, if I changed to a bigger scale, I would have to find bigger tables! Thanks for the kind comments.:) I enjoy the feedback...good and bad.
  10. Will_annand

Will_annand Active Member

Another beauty.
    One question, Sir, is that the little stone house from Sylvan?
  11. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

Cool train layout!
  12. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

It's a ceramic Lilliput Lane from Penrith, England. The piece is titled, "Fuschia Cottage" from the English collection. It is modeled after a real structure but I can not seem to find any more info on the net.
  13. Scoobie

Scoobie Member

Trainnut, your " little " project are rreally nice:thumb: What can you do with a TV set ?
  14. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

Forgive me if I'm a little slow on the uptake... A TV set? I'm rackin' my brain here but I'm afraid I jus' can't figure out where your comin' from.
  15. Scoobie

Scoobie Member

Sorry Trainnut, I was wondering since your projects are so innovative and assume if you could fit one in a television set ( hollowed out of course). I'm struggling with first HO layout. You do great work. What's next?
  16. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

Hmmm, I'll have to think on that one. Maybe something along the lines of a simple circle where the train stays front and center while the layout revolves around/underneath it?????? Kind'a like a panavision type thing?!
    My train activity has been limited to the club since the birth of my second child 8 months ago but I'm always on the lookout for another good table. Trouble is, the good ones aren't cheap. My wife keeps telling me that I should just build my own but that's not my area of expertise.
  17. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

You don't have to make your own, nor spend big bucks for new tables. Go to J & K furniture on Bell Rd. Lots of good used stuff there. I've not been to any of the Goodwill stores but I understand they have some furniture bargins as well. There are a few consignment stores around, like Terrie's, but they usually have high-end stuff and just under high-end pricing. There's a church store on 32nd St. and Greenway that has an assortment of furniture. I bought a half-finished N scale layout with some power packs, locos and cars there. I probably overpaid for what I got, but hey, it was for charity. :D One nice thing about charity stores is that there is no sale taxes on anything you buy there. It's Arizona state law.

Now as far as finding the time, well, can't help you there my friend...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  18. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Nice work, T-N!
    I’ve always liked seeing coffee table layouts, & am a big fan of small layouts in general…Thanks for sharing yours…it’s quite a showpiece!
    :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  19. Wyomingite

Wyomingite Member

Great job there trainNut. I sent pictures of your projects to my
    daughter to give her an idea of how to keep the grandsons
    hands off her steamers.

Ron :thumb: :thumb: :wave:
  20. carmen991

carmen991 New Member

nice how did you createw the water