A third little project - start to finish

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
This is actually the very first coffe table train layout I ever tried. Boy have I learned a lot since then!!!!! Any Q's? Ask away!

Attachments

• DCP_0964.jpg
    DCP_0964.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 923
  • DCP_0966.jpg
    DCP_0966.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 622
  • DCP_1013.jpg
    DCP_1013.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 617
  • DCP_1975.jpg
    DCP_1975.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 613
  • DCP_1014.jpg
    DCP_1014.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 910

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
Papa Bear said:
Nice! What's in the hoppers in the second picture?
Well, you see, back when I worked in an office, I took in a simple circle of track and put it up on top of two filing cabinets around a small fiber optic Christmas tree for Christmas. To add to the effect, I put red and green colored rock in the hoppers to make it Christmasy.
I was afraid somebody was going to notice that! Then again, how can you not. I have since converted them back to black.

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
Clerk said:
:wave: :wave: That really looks cute Trainnut :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Cute? .....CUTE???? I think I need to change to a bigger scale!:eek:ops:
Just kidding!! Besides, if I changed to a bigger scale, I would have to find bigger tables! Thanks for the kind comments.:) I enjoy the feedback...good and bad.

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
Will_annand said:
Another beauty.
One question, Sir, is that the little stone house from Sylvan?
It's a ceramic Lilliput Lane from Penrith, England. The piece is titled, "Fuschia Cottage" from the English collection. It is modeled after a real structure but I can not seem to find any more info on the net.

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
Scoobie said:
Trainnut, your " little " project are rreally nice:thumb: What can you do with a TV set ?
Forgive me if I'm a little slow on the uptake... A TV set? I'm rackin' my brain here but I'm afraid I jus' can't figure out where your comin' from.

Scoobie

Feb 21, 2006
Circle Pines, Minnesota
Sorry Trainnut, I was wondering since your projects are so innovative and assume if you could fit one in a television set ( hollowed out of course). I'm struggling with first HO layout. You do great work. What's next?

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
Hmmm, I'll have to think on that one. Maybe something along the lines of a simple circle where the train stays front and center while the layout revolves around/underneath it?????? Kind'a like a panavision type thing?!
My train activity has been limited to the club since the birth of my second child 8 months ago but I'm always on the lookout for another good table. Trouble is, the good ones aren't cheap. My wife keeps telling me that I should just build my own but that's not my area of expertise.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
You don't have to make your own, nor spend big bucks for new tables. Go to J & K furniture on Bell Rd. Lots of good used stuff there. I've not been to any of the Goodwill stores but I understand they have some furniture bargins as well. There are a few consignment stores around, like Terrie's, but they usually have high-end stuff and just under high-end pricing. There's a church store on 32nd St. and Greenway that has an assortment of furniture. I bought a half-finished N scale layout with some power packs, locos and cars there. I probably overpaid for what I got, but hey, it was for charity. :D One nice thing about charity stores is that there is no sale taxes on anything you buy there. It's Arizona state law.

Now as far as finding the time, well, can't help you there my friend...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Nice work, T-N!
I’ve always liked seeing coffee table layouts, & am a big fan of small layouts in general…Thanks for sharing yours…it’s quite a showpiece!
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: