A tale of 2 Sd.Kfz 252s

Discussion in 'Armory & Military' started by ulious, Jan 1, 2005.

1. ulious

ulious Member

Ok ok, so it's not so much of a tale as it is a general question.
    During the past year this model was put out by both the GPM and Answer companies.
    Has anyone got both of these and if so can you please inform me of the pros and cons of the 2 against each other?
  2. Jim Nunn

Jim Nunn Member

I have the SdKfz 252 by GPM and the model is of the highest quality. Printing is crisp with very nice weathering. Very high detail on the interior as an example the vision ports have around 10 parts and will be a challenge to build in paper. I also have the etched brass set for the SdKfz 251/3 and I believe that it could be used with the 252. The model does not have individual track links but the detail on the links is excellent.
    I do not have the model by Answer but from the Answer Kits I have seen they are good kits but I doubt if they are up to the level of the GPM model.
    The best thing I can say about the GPM kit is that it is at the level of a Halinski model and as I look at the GPM model I’m willing to say that it is better then Halinski.
    I have not built the GPM so I cannot make a comment on the fit of the kit or if any parts are missing.

Jim Nunn
  3. ulious

ulious Member

Thanks Jim

I have the Answer model but haven't done anything with it yet.
    I was looking over the Answer models that I have and was thinking that it might be better to pick up the GPM and work on it first.