A Speedeez trip to Wal-Mart

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Wal-Mart seems to have a new batch of Seedeez cars. Yeah, we know, they are a bit larger than scale, about 1:150, but if my choices are to pay a LHS or buy on-line at about $5.00 a car, or buy these slightly off-scale cars at one tenth that (I paid $4.88 for a card of 10) you can be sure which option I will choose. I just won't put them next to each other on my layout.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I have got about 70 of these little guys, ranging from construction graders, to SUV's to even a Hummvee. Take a look before some other N scaler beats you to it.

Attachments

• speedeez.jpg
    speedeez.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 217

Lighthorseman

Jul 24, 2002
Out in the sticks
Visit site
I see a Viper...and Rams!
Drive.gif
:thumb:

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Yeah, and how about that T-bird?

Another set has a '57 Chevvy, a '56 Chevvy station wagon, a 30's hot rod and what looks like about a '47 pickup. Aother set has a Jeep that just got back from mud-bogging, an '02 Dodge Ram with rhino bumper and a '00 quad cab Ram with moon roof.

There were at least six different sets there and they are all licensed by GM, Chrysler and Ford. I think I hit them right after they restocked.:thumb: :thumb:

Now just for a second, do the math here. I have a model car licensed by one of the big three and it sells for under fifty cents. Yet, from what I read here, using the logo licensed by a major railroad will raise the price of a loco by as much as five dollars.:confused: :confused:

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
That looks like you made a great fihd there, Don! :thumb:
And we N scalers have always lived with some things being a little out of scale...I have a theory that a little bit of weathering makes that a lot less noticable!;)
Take some pics, & let us see how they look on your layout!
:cool: :thumb: :thumb: :cool:

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Charlie,

I'd love to, when the time comes. Right now though, I'm not even taking them out of the packages until we move. From the progress of our new house, I'd say that will be about ten weeks away.:sleeping:

In the meantime, I think it's gunna take me a good ten weeks to ID all the different cars I bought anyway so I have something to do while I wait.:rolleyes: